Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get an 8 rib setup right away or wait till later when the stroker happens?:D

Because they make a "Bullitt" V-3 supercharger kit With a bigger after cooler, as big as they could to fill the space, and a 8 rib kit. And from superchargers online they have the best prices......

Or I can get the paxton for really cheap and throw the 8 rib on later....

Thoughts people?

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bullitt kit: YearOne Online Shopping

regular kit: YearOne Online Shopping

^not where I am going to buy them from just pictures for reference and kit description. And if you look really hard at the aftercoolers the bullitt kit you cant read the "aftercooler" and on the others you can.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I was told to go 8 rib at or above 14 psi.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
when your blower pulley starts slipping sounds like a good time to me. ;)

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
thats where I got mine... it won't ever be a bad thing to have 2 more ribs

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It really depends on a LOT of factors.. I'm making nearly 530 rwhp on a 6 rib set-up and have zero belt slip.

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmm.....I am getting an 8 rib setup later anyway...so maybe I should go with the vortech bullitt v-3 with the great deal on it now......hmmm.......

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I don't buy it now it is $827.70 from brenspeed...

·
Registered
488 Posts
+1^ I have never experienced any belt slip and I am running decent boost. Unless you really plan on 15#+ I wouldnt spend the money on it.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sorry for the question Navy...

But

Maybe someone can answer me this question... I was thinking about going with the same setup that is with the Bullitt Vortec S/C as Navyman. But knowing that our engines are N/A and have a very high compression how much power Safely (as in i would not have to worry bout my engine blowing anytime soon) and how long would our engines last If i were to S/C the Bullitt?

·
Registered
488 Posts
There really isnt a "safe" level. But most will agree that 450rwhp is ok. But its all in the tune, thats what makes the difference. There have been people blowing up @ less than 450rwhp and there are people making 500+rwhp with no problems at all. Its not the compression that really causes the issues its the garbage powdered rods that break.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
haha ok thanks guys.. cause i'm really considering getting this when i get the money, or getting a termi just depends how low in price termi's get.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Have you even ridden in/drove a termi?? I went and test drove one when I was thinking about trading for one... After the test drive I was so happy to get back in my GT and take off. Termis are a solid car no doubt, but the comfort of the S197 is so much better IMO. Much more room and everything.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Have you even ridden in/drove a termi?? I went and test drove one when I was thinking about trading for one... After the test drive I was so happy to get back in my GT and take off. Termis are a solid car no doubt, but the comfort of the S197 is so much better IMO. Much more room and everything.
yea i have i rode in my buddies fully built termi makin 620rwhp.. but i love the feeling of rough suspension makes me feel like i'm in a race car haha.. but yea like i said i'm still debating weather or not to throw a Pro-charger on or buy a termi.. i still got 2 years of working till i even have enough money to buy one.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah they definently feel more like a real race car than the S197. Tough decisions haha, thats what makes it fun.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Maybe someone can answer me this question... I was thinking about going with the same setup that is with the Bullitt Vortec S/C as Navyman. But knowing that our engines are N/A and have a very high compression how much power Safely (as in i would not have to worry bout my engine blowing anytime soon) and how long would our engines last If i were to S/C the Bullitt?
Depends on the tune. I mean look at my car... ~530 rwhp, stock longblock, and beating the piss out of it every single day.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts