Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current plans are for a bunch of stuff from Maximum Motorsports. A guy I know is selling a used Steeda 5 link setup for a pretty good price. He's also got Griggs coilovers with some Koni shocks, and still comes in under what I was planning on spending with the MaxMotors stuff.

The thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is which one will perform "better" for a DD and the occasional road course.

I know "better" is subjective, which is why "better" is in "quotation marks", if you know what I "mean".

Worth the switch, or should I continue on with the panhard/torque arm plans? Anyone run the Steeda 5 link?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure what your budget is but the best bang for the buck for making a huge difference in the way the car brakes, handles and launch will be a PHB and Torque-Arm.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I'm not sure what your budget is but the best bang for the buck for making a huge difference in the way the car brakes, handles and launch will be a PHB and Torque-Arm.
Welcome to the forum micheal, I see your threads/posts over on corral, glad to see youll be speading some of your good advice here as well.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
I've got the entire Maximum Motorsports catalog in my car.

I was faced with the same choice when I started. A big part of the decision for me was the fact that if you do the Steeda parts, you need to do nearly everything at once, including coil overs. So, it was going to cost a boat load of money in one shot.

With MM parts, I was able to do everything 1 part at a time.

First, PH bar, later, LCA's, after that, coil overs, after that, TQ arm. It was easier for me due to cash flow.

If I recall, it would have run around 2500 for all the steeda parts in one chunk. Was to much for me, at one time.

That all being said, both are great setups, but IMO, the MM parts are more "street" friendly, again, just my opinion.

My .02

Lastly, a friend of mine currently works at Steeda in sales, his name is Rod, you can tell him Mitch sent you, maybe he can hook you up, if you decide to go that way.

PS. My car is 95% track car, and I've had no issues with all the MM parts in my car.

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got the entire Maximum Motorsports catalog in my car.

I was faced with the same choice when I started. A big part of the decision for me was the fact that if you do the Steeda parts, you need to do nearly everything at once, including coil overs. So, it was going to cost a boat load of money in one shot.

With MM parts, I was able to do everything 1 part at a time.

First, PH bar, later, LCA's, after that, coil overs, after that, TQ arm. It was easier for me due to cash flow.

If I recall, it would have run around 2500 for all the steeda parts in one chunk. Was to much for me, at one time.

That all being said, both are great setups, but IMO, the MM parts are more "street" friendly, again, just my opinion.

My .02

Lastly, a friend of mine currently works at Steeda in sales, his name is Rod, you can tell him Mitch sent you, maybe he can hook you up, if you decide to go that way.

PS. My car is 95% track car, and I've had no issues with all the MM parts in my car.
The steeda 5 link he's selling also comes with some Griggs coilovers and some Konis, all for 1200

The MM stuff I had picked out comes out to about 1800

I don't mind paying the extra cash if the MM setup is truly more street-friendly, since that's where it's going to spend most of it's time.

For now.

I've got a spare 8.8 that I'm building up, I'm hoping to cobble the appropriate parts together and install them all at one time.

I may go that route instead of the Steeda.

I have no opinion on your question, but that Steeda 5 link looks interesting. I'd be curious to try it.
If you're truly interested, let me know. He's thinking about parting out all the go-fast goodies from his SN95.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts