Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are looking for a good performance shop stay away from this one!!! The name is Performance Mustangs in Hawaiian Gardens and the mechanic is Jose. This is a warning to anyone out there thinking of using a Mustang shop. This guy sounded good from the get-go and I decided to have him install: TKO, PRO 5.0, aluminum driveshaft, FRPP Trac-Lok, new clutch/p plate/to bearing, MM SBC's, and new axles. Said it would take 7-10 days as he already had all the parts. That was the first week in October....I just got my car back last night....nearly 3 months later. First he put the wrong tailshaft on the transmission, then the wrong yoke on the driveshaft, then a tow truck pulled the axle out after he failed to install the C-clips correctly, then couldnt get the Trac-Lok in. It was headache after headache with this shop. Jose said he "had done tons of these swaps." When I asked about a warranty he said "the car is fine and won't have any problems" Don't make the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All parts and labor was around $3300. Car drives like a champ but still would not recommend this shop to anyone

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool cause this years projects include suspension, tires, and a vortech or procharger. Need a good shop to do the supercharging

·
Mustang Fanatic
724 Posts
Manny's Hardcore Performance in Fontana is where i go..
He's fast and fair about his pricing. Cool guy too..

I think I know this Jose. Never done business with him but I believe he's the "Mustang Mechanic" on Craigslist lol

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Seeing as how a lot of so cal fox body guys seem to be checkin this thread out I'm gonna hijack the hell out of it! Are there any meet ups or cruise ins? I'd love to find a good group once the cars back in one piece.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah he's the guy on the CL ads. It says Buena Park, CA. I'd also like to meet any of the other so-cal Mustang guys. Moved here a year ago and don't know that many people

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
And again, as this is mostly SoCal cats in this thread, I have a bunch of stock take off parts. If you need something let me know, would rather give em out free locally than try to sell.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Its a bit of a drive from San Diego but if you're looking for an awesome show go to AOP in Fresno. Nate knows his **** and is amazing at what he does:yes

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Seeing as how a lot of so cal fox body guys seem to be checkin this thread out I'm gonna hijack the hell out of it! Are there any meet ups or cruise ins? I'd love to find a good group once the cars back in one piece.
Escondido has cruz type thing going on ever summer. But good luck finding a parking spot. How long till your stangs back on the road ?

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Escondido has cruz type thing going on ever summer. But good luck finding a parking spot. How long till your stangs back on the road ?
Couple months at the least. I should have the block together by the end of the month (I hope) back in by mid February, then paint and body.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
We're having a meet in Irvine on Saturday, check my sig. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are looking for a good performance shop stay away from this one!!! The name is Performance Mustangs in Hawaiian Gardens and the mechanic is Jose. This is a warning to anyone out there thinking of using a Mustang shop. This guy sounded good from the get-go and I decided to have him install: TKO, PRO 5.0, aluminum driveshaft, FRPP Trac-Lok, new clutch/p plate/to bearing, MM SBC's, and new axles. Said it would take 7-10 days as he already had all the parts. That was the first week in October....I just got my car back last night....nearly 3 months later. First he put the wrong tailshaft on the transmission, then the wrong yoke on the driveshaft, then a tow truck pulled the axle out after he failed to install the C-clips correctly, then couldnt get the Trac-Lok in. It was headache after headache with this shop. Jose said he "had done tons of these swaps." When I asked about a warranty he said "the car is fine and won't have any problems" Don't make the same mistake I did.
Jose is a thief
Paid for an engine to be built that was just way over his head-never completed no money back-I’m too old to beat up a mechanic. Court date pending.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts