Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am getting some mixed info but, I think I understand it well so here is the question(s).... If doing a motor swap from my 4.6 2V to a 4.6 4V I would have to change out the ECU from the mach 1 or termi correct?? If I was swaping my 4.6 2V to a 5.4 2V I would not have to change the ECU???

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
I think thats correct, i almost think i read somewhere where you can maybe use yours but you have to do alot of customizing? not sure.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
you can use your stock GT computer on both.. you will have too extend 3 of ur COP's.. i get IMRC deletes..
you can use yor comp on the 5.4 also

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
coil on plug wires..
your spark plug wire lol..
but the imrc is a plate that sits between the intake and the head on the cobras.. i really dunno the real meaning of it..
but a gt computer can not run the imrc so thats why u need the deletes

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats easy I guess?? What other small things will I need to do a swap?? special tools?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
no special tools really needed unless you use the spec tool too time it..
but if u get the WHOLE motor then youll have basically everything.. youll need a throttle cable, 96-98 cobra intake, hmmm thats all i can think of right now..:sorry

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why 96-98 cobra intake, and my throttle cable wont work?? If I went from 2V to 4V and I didn't get the WHOLe motor what is transferable from my motor to the 4V and what would I need?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
cause the mark intake sucks.. and thats the only other intake that will bolt too the b port heads.. and no ur throttle cable is to short. and basically nothing will transfer from the 2v too the 4v.. you have the use the heads ,intake ,throtttle body ,air intake, timing cover. and other major stuff like that.. you can still use ur radiator tho.. lol

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
What all is needed for wiring if you install a complete mark viii motor (with cobra intake and intake cams)?

·
Registered
156 Posts
the 2v harness wont work for a 4v motor. if you want to do a 4v swap you need pretty much the entire motor like boostang said, cuz there isnt much you can use from the 2v. as for the 5.4 2v you can use the stock ECU but im not sure of anything else outside that. ask 330cubeGT for more info about the 5.4 swap, he be da man!

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Whew, I was hoping someone would jump in here and say that you have to use the 4v computer with the 4v engine. I didn't think you could use our computers to run a 4v engine, but I didn't wanna say it and be completely wrong. Course that wouldn't be the first time...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry had to give you a hard time for harshly busting my balls when I was inquireing(sp) about the KB. no hard feelings though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts