Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...with a centri, long tubes, cams... and I am interested in getting an intake manifold but I do have CMDP's.

Since I am F/I and have all the other mods, would the intake benefit me enough to make it worth buying and replacing the CMDP's.

I searched and there are similar threads asking this question but none closely mirror my build.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
...with a centri, long tubes, cams... and I am interested in getting an intake manifold but I do have CMDP's.

Since I am F/I and have all the other mods, would the intake benefit me enough to make it worth buying and replacing the CMDP's.

I searched and there are similar threads asking this question but none closely mirror my build.
What are hp difference between cmdp plates and the manifolds youre looking at

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I think you'll be fine with your delete plates. The stock manifold flows pretty good. You will benefit from an aftermarket one but the big gains for those are way high up in the RPM's. Like above 6K. If you had an upgraded valve train and were spinning your motor up to 7K I would definitely get one. It would be a 50/50 toss up if I were in your shoes with stock valve springs.

Edit: but if you wanted more power, why didn't you just get a smaller pulley? That would be the simplest way to get more power now that you have a blower.

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edit: but if you wanted more power, why didn't you just get a smaller pulley? That would be the simplest way to get more power now that you have a blower.

I plan on doing the smaller pulley in the future, was just wondering if the manifold would be beneficial in the long run.

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Im running the jpc racing intake with cmdp's . But its probably overkill for your setup

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
another reason I like my KB... no intake decisions..

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Badass dude, I would save. And put the money somewhere else... suspension...lol

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Isn't the problem with our stock manifold that if run enough psi that it can crack or blow up?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Isn't the problem with our stock manifold that if run enough psi that it can crack or blow up?
Lol, you are only running at most 1 atmosphere of pressure. The balloons I blow up for my kid have more pressure in them then that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts