Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can an automatic tranny be converted to a manual? and if it can is it really worth the trouble as far as cost is concerned? I didnt think so but i have been wrong many times before

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
can an automatic tranny be converted to a manual? and if it can is it really worth the trouble as far as cost is concerned? I didnt think so but i have been wrong many times before
you mean can a automatic car be converted yes it can cheaply no but it can be done reasonable if you can do it yourself

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if you wanna swap trannys, its a little involved, if you wanna change the actually transmission itself from auto to manuel....

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
It has been done with a c-4,they used a clutch with some kind of setup to turn the front pump. there was a company that sold a conversion kit,don't remember who,was a few years back. see no real benefit in it,just run a lenco they also run planetary's as an automatic does

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
there are swap kits for the auto cars. is it worth it, that is a personal preference. i am a manual car, and wish i was an auto for the 1320. but i like the fun and contro for when i do some corner carving.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
can it be done? yes

is it really worth the trouble? depends

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
it can be done, would i do it? no.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
+1 on all these... if you gonna do some heavy racing then auto is the way to go.. but if you like gettin sideways in 3rd gear either get A LOT of power in an auto or just get some gears in a manual. ha. auto is the best for spray. ha. wot control!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys..guess he was right on the conversion but i was right on the utility of it all

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
just like bob said. you can pretty much do anything if you got the money. would i do it. no way man. not even worth it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thanks guys..guess he was right on the conversion but i was right on the utility of it all
This is such an apples to oranges kinda thing..if he is just using the car for a street car then yeah ok no point in doing the swap...but if he is autocrossing, that $2k for the swap would be worth every penny...vice versa if the car is getting built for drag racing.

err...edit, if he can find someone that wants to do the opposite swap..its a real cheap swap then, its pretty much a one for one swap.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
hey im new to this site and i have a auto... yeah you can make an auto a stick easily. its called manual valve body.. its where you keep your automatic but you HAVE to shift. just dont have a damn in the way clutch pedal. it kool to the point where you have to shift just like a stick.. just like a stick it shifts when you shift. then you get a stall converter and you kicking some a$$.. i was going to do it.. but you know when you go out and drink you kind of enjoy not haveing to shift gears. just but that b*%*h in drive and go..lol... strictly performance in houston can give you a bad a$$ auto tranny like that for about $2200 bucks.. with them they make it worth it.. can handle like up to 700hp and comes with the stall and transbrake so just stall it up and kick some a$$ off then line... when i put the stall in my car you pretty much kick everybody a$$ off then line..lol.. but that dont stop them from come back and kick your A$$..lmao

1 - 20 of 20 Posts