Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Here's my two cents on the subject. If someone really wants to go into a bathroom that isn't their gender, what's going to stop them? I could go to any public place right now and walk into the women's room if I wanted to. No amount of legislation is going to stop that.
Right. However, as it is right now, the line is clearly defined. You take away that defining line, and now what? You have guys taking advantage of the situation. There is no "law" against sharing the bathroom, so now they can exploit themselves easier. It's common sense.... I really don't see how that's difficult to grasp?

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Kinda like speeding, It's against the law but everybody does it. The ones that get caught pay the consequences. It's those consequences that keeps the majority of people in line.
I disagree with this.

The "consequenses" aren't what keeps me "in line" from things like speeding excessively, shooting people, stealing candybars, etc. I don't steal because I've been stolen from I don't hurt people because I am not violent and can't see how reacting to petty bullshit with violence helps me. I don't speed excessively because it mostly just wastes gas, without gaining me enough time to make it worthwhile, and it usually only gets me closer to some idiot driving 45 in a 55 zone who is ahead of me just that much quicker.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I disagree with this.

The "consequenses" aren't what keeps me "in line" from things like speeding excessively, shooting people, stealing candybars, etc. I don't steal because I've been stolen from I don't hurt people because I am not violent and can't see how reacting to petty bullshit with violence helps me. I don't speed excessively because it mostly just wastes gas, without gaining me enough time to make it worthwhile, and it usually only gets me closer to some idiot driving 45 in a 55 zone who is ahead of me just that much quicker.
You are not the majority I'm talking about. I'm talking about the people who can't figure things out without the consequences of getting a ticket or fined for entering the wrong bathroom. What you have to think about is how dumb the average person is, and that half the people out there are dumber than that. Those are the people that need direction and consequences.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Right. However, as it is right now, the line is clearly defined. You take away that defining line, and now what? You have guys taking advantage of the situation. There is no "law" against sharing the bathroom, so now they can exploit themselves easier. It's common sense.... I really don't see how that's difficult to grasp?
I don't think that many people are going to realize the consequences are gone and turn into a pedophile/rapist/peeping tom. Morality doesn't go out the window just because there aren't consequences.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

If fads and time are cyclical, how much longer before being a bigot is cool again? I think I like those times better. **** worked.
Move to the bible belt. It'll always be in style here.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
FYI, a guy just got caught doing this, can't remember what state. He was dressed as a woman and carrying a purse that had a video camera hidden in it. He was hanging around in the women's room, and would leave the purse in various stalls so he could film women going to the bathroom.

So, yeah. That's pretty much what this legislation opens women up to, IMO.
...I mean that doesn't really require universal bathrooms to have happen.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Teach our daughters to take ownership of their own personal safety. There is always the chance of our daughters falling victim to a perv, rapist, murder, etc. This doesn't become a bigger issue in the bathroom. A different issue that should be addressed and talked about but not more dangerous.

I do see the concern that parents have however. That being said, put in place a standard of design for stalls so that there is no way to peak between the stall doors, under, over, etc and that will be the end of a lot of those issues. Personally though I think this country has bigger issues to worry about than where people ****...

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I don't think that many people are going to realize the consequences are gone and turn into a pedophile/rapist/peeping tom. Morality doesn't go out the window just because there aren't consequences.
I never said they would. I'm saying it makes it easier.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Teach our daughters to take ownership of their own personal safety. There is always the chance of our daughters falling victim to a perv, rapist, murder, etc. This doesn't become a bigger issue in the bathroom. A different issue that should be addressed and talked about but not more dangerous.

I do see the concern that parents have however. That being said, put in place a standard of design for stalls so that there is no way to peak between the stall doors, under, over, etc and that will be the end of a lot of those issues. Personally though I think this country has bigger issues to worry about than where people ****...
Stalls like that already exist. Its actually just a cheap L shaped piece of metal they put on the corners and a strip of metal over the crack on the door. All the bathrooms at Microsoft had that. You could rub one out while dropping a turd and no one would know. :shiftyeyes

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

Attachments

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Breaking out the camera would make you a peeping tom whether you're in the ladies or the men's room.

Personally, I could give a **** who's in the bathroom with me, be them men, women, etc. I go in, look at the top of the urinal, do my business, wash my hands, and leave. If someone starts taking pictures, etc, they may or may not end up with their head in the urinal.
"I couldn't give a ****" is what you were meaning to say. If you could give a **** that means you do care some-what. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
"I couldn't give a ****" is what you were meaning to say. If you could give a **** that means you do care some-what. :thumb:
You're assuming I want that ****. I'll happily give my **** away, it's nasty.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Do you know where the word **** comes from?

Ship
High
In
Transit

Back in the day when they used to have to ship fertilizer on wooden boats, that always leaked some water, they used to write **** on the bales of manure. If they stayed dry they didn't smell. If they got wet, well... they smelled like ****. So they stacked them high up in the hold to make for a more pleasant journey.

Trivia of the day.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Fear keeps the species alive. Fear is necessary for courage to exist. You have to have fear.
If you are controlled by it you are using it wrong. Big difference to be aware and to be controlled.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
If that's not their goal, what does it matter how easy it is?
Try this analogy...

Marcus really likes bling. He knows the consequences of breaking into a jewelry store, so he would never try to bust into one for more bling. His state passes a new law stating that jewelry stores are to remain unlocked after business hours due to liberal agenda. Now Marcus has found himself unsupervised next to tons of fresh new bling.

What do you think Marcus will do?

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Kinda takes the fun out of it though.
Rubbing one out at work is amateur hour stuff.

Having sex at work with the boss's girlfriend, that's professional level **** right there.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Try this analogy...

Marcus really likes bling. He knows the consequences of breaking into a jewelry store, so he would never try to bust into one for more bling. His state passes a new law stating that jewelry stores are to remain unlocked after business hours due to liberal agenda. Now Marcus has found himself unsupervised next to tons of fresh new bling.

What do you think Marcus will do?
Do you know of any instances of someone being molested in a bathroom by a transgendered person? Because I sure as hell don't. I can think of quite a few cases of kids getting molested by people in churches though.

I get that this is a polarizing issue but this wave of hysteria is completely unwarranted. Feel free to continue being judgmental though.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts