Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I finally got around to putting my trickflow spring kit on the re-man heads I got form LMR last Christmas... so I did all the intakes on the first head... I used 1 of each shim. So then I start the exhaust... (it said the blue back are the inake retainers and the clear bag is the exhaust ones...) So I open the clear back.. and damn they look the same as the intake... so I put it on, and I can't even get the measuring tool they give you under it...

in the one picture the one on the left with tape came out of the exhaust bag, and the one to the right of it is a intake... I put the keepers in them both, you can see they are sitting the same... I read the exhaust ones are suppose to be recessed. So looks like I will be calling TrickFlow tomorrow, hopefully they will send me out a bag of the correct exhaust ones.... arrrggg... I'm so pissed, I'm trying to get the motor back together so by the time the weather warms up I can get it back in car....

Also, the valve seals don't go all the way flush with the base.. is that normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not crazy right? these are the same? I looked at these for awhile to see if they were slightly different... even my wife said they look the same...

·
Qwik Enuff
773 Posts
I cant remember if its the retainer thats different (between the intake & exhaust valve) or the keepers,but if the kit is installed correctly,one keeper will be sitting lower on the valve stem.The picture shown below details what Im referring to.See how theres more of the valve stem showing above the keeper on one of the valves,but less on the other.One keeper sits slightly above the retainer top while the other keeper sits lower than the retainer top.The difference in the retainer or keeper is why it looks that way & its supposed to look like that.Thats the reason why there were two bags,one is different from the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I cant remember if its the retainer thats different (between the intake & exhaust valve) or the keepers,but if the kit is installed correctly,one keeper will be sitting lower on the valve stem.The picture shown below details what Im referring to.See how theres more of the valve stem showing above the keeper on one of the valves,but less on the other.One keeper sits slightly above the retainer top while the other keeper sits lower than the retainer top.The difference in the retainer or keeper is why it looks that way & its supposed to look like that.Thats the reason why there were two bags,one is different from the other.

IT's the retainers, it said the blue bag was for the intake and clear for exhaust.... well someone put intake's in the clear bag... I called Trickflow they sent me the exhaust ones... I checked 1 when I got it by just putting the keepers in it, and they sunk down/recessed like they should... I'm going to be finishing them up/install on the heads today... I guess I was the lucky one and got a screwed up kit...

·
Qwik Enuff
773 Posts
Glad you got it straightened out.Good luck on the install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts