Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I originally wanted a notch back but was thinking...

I've decided to sell my 99 gt and fix up my dad's LX.

The motor is a 302 from a 89 crown vic that hasn't been ran in forever. I really don't know much about it. Needs wired but we have a msd 6a-l. It has 10" wheels on the back. Needs a windshield and some surface rust spots fixed. Interior is mint.

Figured I'd build the top end, throw a cam in there and hook a 5 speed up to it too.

Hopefully make it into the 7's.

Any thoughts or ideas I need to watch for ie the motor and all?

·
Is the game, Ross is the name.
2,072 Posts
Good luck. Can't wait to see it all done!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It'll be my first build so I'll need it lol. Looking to learn a lot from it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See I've always wanted a black notch back but now this white hatch has me thinking lol. I bet tinting the windows would make it look pretty darn good.

What do yall think about the motor? I can put a normal 302 in it from a mustang but someone told me the Crown Vic motor was better.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I sold a 4v to drive around an old ass f150 so I wouldnt have a car payment and could save for a fox:D
Thats a diff story all together lol. I'm buying my buddies beat up civic instead of driving in the fox everyday. I'm going with an mpt70mm, c4, cleaning up the heads, and new valvetrain over winter. Should be a fun car come march.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm selling the 2v to get something I can play with. Its a little pricey to hit the 7's in a 2v. Not to mention if i can sell this car and buy a fox, I can put a little more money back for school.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Thats a diff story all together lol. I'm buying my buddies beat up civic instead of driving in the fox everyday. I'm going with an mpt70mm, c4, cleaning up the heads, and new valvetrain over winter. Should be a fun car come march.
****ing sick!!!! My plans include an ebay turbo kit but people talk all the time about **** they want to do on here and never do anything, so ill be quiet. Oh i did pick up a set of gt40s and an explorer intake today from a junkyard:p

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Lmao, thats pretty damn true. I come through though, minus my n/a thread. I still ponder it. I'll prob clean up the p's, get some better matched springs for my fcam, or put the stock cam in, and do what I said. on3performance turbo kit ftw. $1750 with the masterpower turbo. Can't go wrong bro.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Lmao, thats pretty damn true. I come through though, minus my n/a thread. I still ponder it. I'll prob clean up the p's, get some better matched springs for my fcam, or put the stock cam in, and do what I said. on3performance turbo kit ftw. $1750 with the masterpower turbo. Can't go wrong bro.
I've been thinking about trading in the S trim for one of those setups lately

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
As soon as I get my daily I'm selling my whole v2 kit with extra pulleys and belts for 1500. That will cover most of the cost on the turbo kit. Then I'll buy the rest.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
oh and if i have a fox ill be sending you a pm when you sell your blower dude

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
my v1 is cooler than his v2......it makes a nice whistle sound

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
my v1 is cooler than his v2......it makes a nice whistle sound
lmao, no bueno. Mine is pretty quiet. If your on the right side of the car its decently loud, but for an strim on the inside its not bad at all. pulley shaft seal leaks a tad, I never beat on the car though so I prob wont do the 76 dollar fix to be honest, so 1500 gets someone one hell of a deal.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
lmao, no bueno. Mine is pretty quiet. If your on the right side of the car its decently loud, but for an strim on the inside its not bad at all. pulley shaft seal leaks a tad, I never beat on the car though so I prob wont do the 76 dollar fix to be honest, so 1500 gets someone one hell of a deal.
how come you are already ditching the blower?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts