Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i just tried seafoam for the first time on my pi swapped with 140k on the clock. i followed the procedure according to sharkbait's thread.

but im not quite sure if its good or not but there was no smoke, like at all. just a tiny bit at the beginning and then none, i also took it on about a half mile drive and put my foot down every chance i could.

now im just gonna change my oil and assume its ok?

anyone know why it wouldnt have smoked? guess mines fairly clean? i put 4-5 oz in the line on the bottom of the throttle body and 4-5 ounces in the oil fill.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I did my last month. I had very little smoke. I took my car on the highway and let loose and the smoke started to come flowing out once I stepped on it.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
did u pour it in n et it sit for 15-30 mins?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh man, did you drive your mustang right after you poured the Sea Foam in it?
i let it sit for 5-10 minutes then took it for about a mile drive. no real smoke and i redlined it a couple times.

just changed the oil and it seems to be running just fine.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many motors has shark bait blown up again? lol

I dont know why people pour this **** in there cars.
LOL well alot of people in the lexus/supra community use it and praise the effects. in fact one fellow took his engine down after 2 or 3 sea foams and showed it to be spotless.

i figured it was worth a try but nothing really happened, now it does feel a bit better on the throttle response and what not but thats probably in my head.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Did he take before seafoam pictures? lol. I personally wouldn't touch it or recommend it unless its a last ditch effort to get a car running. If it aint broke dont fix it son. K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did he take before seafoam pictures? lol. I personally wouldn't touch it or recommend it unless its a last ditch effort to get a car running. If it aint broke dont fix it son. K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid.
yeah, he actually did it just to show sea foams effects, iv been told its all bs and i believed that... until someone actually showed me an independent study.

and honestly i just had a can lying around and noticed shark had a thread about it. figured it couldnt hurt if i do it right. all is well i was gonna change my oil anyway

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well i'll tell you this much...I seafomed my car and put almost a whole can throughout the vacuum line and it smoked like a bandit. I don't think you used enough through the vacuum line. I would never put it in my oil though. Only in the gas tank and vacuum line.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i'll tell you this much...I seafomed my car and put almost a whole can throughout the vacuum line and it smoked like a bandit. I don't think you used enough through the vacuum line. I would never put it in my oil though. Only in the gas tank and vacuum line.
well i only put barely a third of the can cause i was kinda scared about dumping the whole can in there, usually when a certain procedure calls for a said amount of chemical i use half just as a precation

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i did notice when i changed my oil, it was extremely mucky compared to normal. almost like clumps of crap in it. and the car seems to howl after the procedure.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
So u only use three quarts of oil?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
dump some n ur gas tank to

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I was just bustin ur balls, but I gotta agree with some other people here. If nothing is wrong, why bother? Now you have clumpy **** in your oil and doing an oil change doesn't get all the oil out, so now you still have clumpy **** in your oil in your motor.

An honest question though, why'd you put it in your oil? I've never used this ****, but I thought it was some in the gas tank and some in a vacuum line, never heard of putting it in your oil before.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was just bustin ur balls, but I gotta agree with some other people here. If nothing is wrong, why bother? Now you have clumpy **** in your oil and doing an oil change doesn't get all the oil out, so now you still have clumpy **** in your oil in your motor.

An honest question though, why'd you put it in your oil? I've never used this ****, but I thought it was some in the gas tank and some in a vacuum line, never heard of putting it in your oil before.
i know i know, hence why i wasnt mad.... your still a smartass :p
but i feel you on that, as far as why i put it in my oil if i remember right the bottle calls for some of the can into the crank case? and everyone who has put out reviews/tutorials regarding the procedure said it was fine. honestly ive been waiting like 2 years to use the bottle cause i was scared i might **** something up with it. i didnt do any in the gas cause i always run some lucas injector cleaner so i figured no need there.

this engine was really well taken care of according to the previous owner, full synthetic changes, low miles and rarely taken above 3.5k rpms. but lately it had been feelin a bit slouchish so i figured id give sea foam a try.
wether or not i just needed an oil change bad or seafoam worked a bit is impossible to tell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts