Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im thinking about gears or bbk longtube headers but i dont want to deal with the whole o2 sensor issue im thinking about holding out on that

1986-11 Mustang 8.8" 3.73 Ratio Rear End Gear Kit With Ford Racing Gears at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

is this a good price for gears and installation kit it looks like it has it all that i need and what do you guys think about going with this headlights

http://www.americanmuscle.com/headlight-black-proj-2010.html

if you guys know of any good shops in the Dallas area let me know

·
Registered
491 Posts
The headlights are a matter of personal preference. I dislike 'em personally. Think the halos belong on the outside. Or should be paired. But again, preference.

The gears would be a great upgrade. Have heard time and again they're one of the best things you can do to your car. Don't know about the price, but you're going to want to shop around for an install quote.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
well, you titled the post "so idk what to get for my next performance parts", and im not sure headlights are a performance part really. As long as you already have a CAI and tune, then i say gears or headers..... i hope you arent on stock exhaust either :)

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I just wanted to point out that our cars use about 3qts of gear oil, not 2

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol woww i wish i used that 6 percent off lol i went with AM to order it and yes i got 3 quarts of royal purple it was all 322 but i got the free American muscle poster

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
lol woww i wish i used that 6 percent off lol i went with AM to order it and yes i got 3 quarts of royal purple it was all 322 but i got the free American muscle poster
yes, the free American muscle poster makes it all worth it haha:p

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Don't get those headlights. Retrofit if anything.

I say gears are a good choice. Tuner if you don't already have one.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
im stuck between gears and lowering springs now :/ I think im just going to get the springs. Its way cheaper and I really dont race right now.

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
im stuck between gears and lowering springs now :/ I think im just going to get the springs. Its way cheaper and I really dont race right now.
Gears are more expensive but you get one of the best performance increases with them. You'll really feel the upgrade. :D

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Gears are more expensive but you get one of the best performance increases with them. You'll really feel the upgrade. :D
I know, I know.... it just seems like such a hassle right now :/ I could do my springs myself. It might be worth having 2.73's as well sense gas is getting so expensive

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
I know, I know.... it just seems like such a hassle right now :/ I could do my springs myself. It might be worth having 2.73's as well sense gas is getting so expensive
Yeah you're probably right. Lol.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
You know I have never really seen my gears destroy my gas that much. In all honesty it is very slight.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Man I've been averaging 18-20mpg... I'm pissed. No gears for me until FI.

87 performance tune.

Are our fans electric?

I need to contact Bama about a catless tune and turning off the fans. They are constantly on it is so annoying.

I run Royal Purple coolant and I really do not need the fans on constant when driving to work in 50 degree weather lol.

I'm going to get a new catless tune and run 93. I think 87 even with a tune gets shitty gas mileage mixed, at least with my observation. Pure highway is fine, mixed or city is shitty.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
My 87 tune really does not get much better gas mileage than my 91, I run 91 pretty much all the time because I know that it gives me pretty good gas mileage and performance. At very worst I get 19 in the city and I do not have a very light foot.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
I get pretty crappy mileage too. I think 91 is a little better, and thats why im running 91p right now. I think im waiting on gears as well :)

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
I'm averaging about 24.5 on my current tank, only because I've mainly been on the highway and have had a pretty light foot for the most part.

It's so damn hard not to have a heavy foot though. :( LOL.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
I change tunes pretty often, so my mpg's always look like crap on my display

1 - 20 of 22 Posts