Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well motor has been blown for about 8 months now and i finally got some money together to work on the car. Today i will be putting in an 06 4.6L motor with 50k miles with a valve job and small porting done to the heads.

Going onto this motor is a new exhaust setup, BBk O/R H-pipe with dynomax ultraflow race pipes dumped behind the seats. Along with a brand new JLT RAI intake, Ac Delete, Ported P.I intake and topped with a 125shot of nitrous.

275/17's in the back, MGW shifter, and roll up windows going to be installed hoping to break my previous time of [email protected] before the oil pump failure a year ago. The only mods back then were Exhaust, Mgw, Drag radials, and 125 shot.

I will update this thread tonight with pics of the work and parts installed. For now heres my JLT intake and celebratory corn

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
Putting a can of corn in your gas tank does not make E-85, you know. Unless you got one of those Mr. Fusion things like Doc Brown put on his DeLorean.

Cool man, keep us posted on your progress.

aaaand that's all I have to contribute to this thread...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok having an issue with the power steering pump.. cant get the line off. Do i need a pulley puller to get the pulley off or does anyone know a junkyard trick? all i need to do is pull off pw pump and unbolt from motor mount and its out.
All the tranny bolts are off and the crossmember and driveshaft are still connected, how can i slide it off the tranny/how do i pull the motor forward?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally got the motor out had a really hard time sliding the motor forward off the tranny shaft here are a few pictures

old motor

old motor

enigne bay

end of the day swapping motor parts such as timing case headers and misc.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so the new motor is in, im having trouble locating some bolts:mad: and where some the of the harness plugs in[see other thread] moar pics

good luck with the project..is that the nose of a 71 camaro i see peeking out?
and yes that is, we work on it during our breaks just putting all new weather stripping and the bumpers back on

in some of the other pics you can see a 69 fastback and a 73 convert with a 351C and c6 full bolt ons. the garages in the back are filled with 20 1969-1973 muscle cars of all brands all looking pretty good, the ones with car covers are undone projects...as you can see my godfather has an obsession.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts