Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone saw the article from Car and Driver.

Fastest car they have ever tested.

Billy Johnson took the car around the track for a few laps before C&D did their testing and broke the lap record for a production street car which was a 2:40 held by the Viper ACR. He had to save the tires of the car so there is probably some time left in a hero lap. This is at VIR, which plays to the strengths of the car. On smaller tracks it's unlikely it would be able to roll with the ACR due to tire size and outrageous down force.

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
Still not as impressing as the Viper ACR, and I dont know why people dont realize how amazing of a car it was.
She a bad bitch. I'd love to eventually own an ACR.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

I'd even take a 4th gen ACR.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts

I dont like dodge at all, but the Viper is a different story I would own an ACR in a heart beat! The looks, the speed, and the price is awesome! You are buying a $150,000 car that runs with $500,000-$1,000,000 cars! If I had one, I would lower it change the wheels (just not a huge fan of them) tint the windows and put a exhaust system on it to make it scream!

·
Registered
22,813 Posts

I dont like dodge at all, but the Viper is a different story I would own an ACR in a heart beat! The looks, the speed, and the price is awesome! You are buying a $150,000 car that runs with $500,000-$1,000,000 cars! If I had one, I would lower it change the wheels (just not a huge fan of them) tint the windows and put a exhaust system on it to make it scream!
Yeah I'd change the wheels on them too, maybe a set of Vossens for the street and then like a set of Enkeis for the track.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can tell you that you probably wouldn't like an exhaust on it.

Even well thought out exhausts don't sound right. Factory is probably the best you'll get because it's quieter and it does sort of have an exotic wail.

I've been on track, next to stock and modded vipers at full song for extended periods of time.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
My good friend grandfather has a Z06 already pre ordered a ZR1 just hasnt specd it yet got it for $125,000 not including any extras and my dad went and looked at one today and they want $30,000 over sticker

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Jesus, looks like they were a little concerned with overheating.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts