Modded Mustang Forums banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Awesome job on the trim and paint!
Thank you. Going to vacuum and steam clean the carpet and then the baby furniture starts going in, oh ****! The things I get excited about now.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Thank you. Going to vacuum and steam clean the carpet and then the baby furniture starts going in, oh ****! The things I get excited about now.
I have been married for 3 months now and my wife wants us to go ahead and start trying for a baby.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I have been married for 3 months now and my wife wants us to go ahead and start trying for a baby.
Congrats on marriage. Is the feelig mutual on your end?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Congrats on marriage. Is the feelig mutual on your end?
yes/no, I would love to have a baby, but I want to wait a little longer maybe 1 year or 2, just to have us time for a bit. We have dated for 5 years, but only lived together for 3 months, so I really want to get to know her flaws, and for her to know mine like the back of her hand. Like when she actually takes a crap you better clear the house.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
yes/no, I would love to have a baby, but I want to wait a little longer maybe 1 year or 2, just to have us time for a bit. We have dated for 5 years, but only lived together for 3 months, so I really want to get to know her flaws, and for her to know mine like the back of her hand. Like when she actually takes a crap you better clear the house.
She poops? Wtf?

Yeah, I know what you mean though. We are so comfortable with each other that my wife will stand in the doorway, door open, while I blast away like an old lawn mower starting for the first time in years.......That's love

Reactions: Woodman

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
She poops? Wtf?

Yeah, I know what you mean though. We are so comfortable with each other that my wife will stand in the doorway, door open, while I blast away like an old lawn mower starting for the first time in years.......That's love
That is what I want!

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
She poops? Wtf?

I love that metaphor. :lmao

I wish me and my wife had that. We're slowly but surely getting there.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Some baby room progress. Blinds will be changed too.

Left and front center wall.

Front center and right wall

More of right wall

Painted this tonight. For back center wall.

....and these will go in the middle of that ^ which is a little different than previous plan. Still in wrapper

I think I should start using Pinterest for room ideas. I have a bunch of rooms that need decorating. Your baby room is looking awesome.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
I think I should start using Pinterest for room ideas. I have a bunch of rooms that need decorating. Your baby room is looking awesome.
You could take a $50,000 house and make it look like a $500,000 off some of the ideas on Pinterest! Some of the projects are expensive, but some are really cheap!

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I used three pinterest rooms that she showed me for ideas and took (cough) the easier stuff out of the three and made it into one :shiftyeyes

You could take a $50,000 house and make it look like a $500,000 off some of the ideas on Pinterest! Some of the projects are expensive, but some are really cheap!
Agreed. My project so far for his room:

$68 for three gallons decent durable/tape won't peel paint/washable/easy to apply Sherwin Williams paint (on sale 30% off). Don't go too cheap on paint, it pays off in the end. I did not get anywhere close to their most expensive paint but I painted the ENTIRE room with one gallon of Sherwin Williams OVATION line "Grey Matters" and I still have about 1/6 gallon left of the grey, 7/8 left of "Wall Street Blue" and 7/8 "Smoky Blue".The "easy to apply" paint allows you to use less paint, less of your time, less streaky, less rollers :shiftyeyes .

$155 for the shadow box wood molding
$38 for the chail rail molding
$19 for the wood for the custom frame I cut and haven't mounted yet, but it's ready

$10 for two tubes of Loctite Proline 3x construction adhesive material. I used this instead of my finish nail gun because his room is "that room" that is surrounded by pipes and two adjacent bathrooms (guest and master) and I was afraid of mistaking a pipe for a stud and causing a $$$$$ problem. Pretty sure they are spaced 16" apart but in addition I just didn't want to mess with moving my compressor and making racket in general plus while she was sleeping. This stuff was awesome however the downside is that if this stuff ever needs to be taken down, it will take the drywall off with it :shiftyeyes

$4 Elmer's wood glue. Used to piece the cut pieces together before mounting them to the wall with adhesive.

$3 one roll of 1" tape for lining stuff up
$6 two rolls 2" tape to hold the pieces down while the adhesive cured. Not one single piece of paint peeled, I was pretty impressed with the paint. Granted, I let the paint cure for a few days before applying tape. With the pieces already assembled, I hung tape on both walls ahead of time so I wouldn't be tearing tape off as I held the pieces in place because I was doing all of this by myself.

$8 three pack from Walmart, used just one to do the grey color on three walls.

$8 Small level for leveling the shadow boxes and chair rail.

I had a chop saw/miter saw already.

Obviously I took the "easy" way out doing this by painting first, assembling, then mounting but it was quick, clean, and we're happy.

Next comes the decor. Since he is a future motor boater :shiftyeyes his room will be nautical themed. After he grows out of the nautical stuff I have a ton of car stuff already on queue, from my old office. His room is my old office. Here's some of the nautical stuff. There are three oars, this one has hooks and will be horizontal and the other two do not have hooks and will go vertical between two of the thinner shadow boxes on the right wall. The map is Dr Seuss. Note: how the oar colors match exactly the wall colors and the oar wood matches the furniture wood, not as bad as OCD as Troy, but I have my moments.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
I used three pinterest rooms that she showed me for ideas and took (cough) the easier stuff out of the three and made it into one :shiftyeyes

Agreed. My project so far for his room:

$68 for three gallons decent durable/tape won't peel paint/washable/easy to apply Sherwin Williams paint (on sale 30% off). Don't go too cheap on paint, it pays off in the end. I did not get anywhere close to their most expensive paint but I painted the ENTIRE room with one gallon of Sherwin Williams OVATION line "Grey Matters" and I still have about 1/6 gallon left of the grey, 7/8 left of "Wall Street Blue" and 7/8 "Smoky Blue".The "easy to apply" paint allows you to use less paint, less of your time, less streaky, less rollers :shiftyeyes .

$155 for the shadow box wood molding
$38 for the chail rail molding
$19 for the wood for the custom frame I cut and haven't mounted yet, but it's ready

$10 for two tubes of Loctite Proline 3x construction adhesive material. I used this instead of my finish nail gun because his room is "that room" that is surrounded by pipes and two adjacent bathrooms (guest and master) and I was afraid of mistaking a pipe for a stud and causing a $$$$$ problem. Pretty sure they are spaced 16" apart but in addition I just didn't want to mess with moving my compressor and making racket in general plus while she was sleeping. This stuff was awesome however the downside is that if this stuff ever needs to be taken down, it will take the drywall off with it :shiftyeyes

$4 Elmer's wood glue. Used to piece the cut pieces together before mounting them to the wall with adhesive.

$3 one roll of 1" tape for lining stuff up
$6 two rolls 2" tape to hold the pieces down while the adhesive cured. Not one single piece of paint peeled, I was pretty impressed with the paint. Granted, I let the paint cure for a few days before applying tape. With the pieces already assembled, I hung tape on both walls ahead of time so I wouldn't be tearing tape off as I held the pieces in place because I was doing all of this by myself.

$8 three pack from Walmart, used just one to do the grey color on three walls.

$8 Small level for leveling the shadow boxes and chair rail.

I had a chop saw/miter saw already.

Obviously I took the "easy" way out doing this by painting first, assembling, then mounting but it was quick, clean, and we're happy.

Next comes the decor. Since he is a future motor boater :shiftyeyes his room will be nautical themed. After he grows out of the nautical stuff I have a ton of car stuff already on queue, from my old office. His room is my old office. Here's some of the nautical stuff. There are three oars, this one has hooks and will be horizontal and the other two do not have hooks and will go vertical between two of the thinner shadow boxes on the right wall. The map is Dr Seuss. Note: how the oar colors match exactly the wall colors and the oar wood matches the furniture wood, not as bad as OCD as Troy, but I have my moments.

Awesome! Man my parents have an account for Sherwin Williams! I could of gave you their name for the discount, it might have thrown a red flag being in a different state lol! But they do have really good paint!

My wife wants to do some more trim work around the house, but the stuff gets so time consuming, especially the way she wants it.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Awesome! Man my parents have an account for Sherwin Williams! I could of gave you their name for the discount, it might have thrown a red flag being in a different state lol! But they do have really good paint!

My wife wants to do some more trim work around the house, but the stuff gets so time consuming, especially the way she wants it.
Haha, thanks man. I've had good luck with SW

Wives and their ideas (sigh), God bless them. She wanted curved trim like this, wooden floor, carpet, and she liked the trim painted the same as the wall. For the curved trim, floor, and carpet I said I'm Jason who drives a beater civic every day, not Tom Cruise, and the trim painted the same as the wall is too easy but looks good with a matching crib.....But since we are buying a $3k crib/dresser/glider from a friend of mine for $400 that is 11 years old (like new) and it is light wood color, let's do "this" instead, and she was cool with it. But here's what she wanted, I think I made a good compromise. What I wanted to tell her was that is too much ****ing grey :shiftyeyes

Speaking of trim, there was THAT one warped piece and because I wasn't using a nail gun, I had to "**** yo couch" it and hold it until the adhesive dried

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
EVERY SINGLE WALL! EVERY DAMN ONE IN OUR HOUSE IS GRAY! I told her to pick another color to break it up, nope gray. The painter sure did enjoy it...

My cousin who I work for there house has so many different colors, the ceiling is a different color then the walls (and I am not talking white ceilings, red, purple, blue, brown), each room is a different color, with the most expensive and craziest trim work I have ever seen, even the sheet rock has designs in it. On top of that every 10 years they strip the entire house down to nothing and redo everything!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
**** yo couch :lmao

Reactions: HighDensity

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Picked up some more nautical decor.

We wanted a small table next to the glider chair to put his bottle on while we feed him plus it has drawers for storage BOOM. We saw about a dozen small tables we liked and narrowed it down to three, this one was the final cut. We pieced together the lamp and bought the base, blue shade, top white cap, and 8" riser all separately so we didn't really know how it would look. Pretty stoked the way it turned out.

I have a painting to go next to this little sailboat. Will take a pic once it's up. These small shelves are great, picked up a few in different sizes.

Gift from a friend from the baby shower, buddy I played varsity baseball and varsity football with back in HS. We're the same age and he has a 16 yr old son

Speaking of baby shower, some MM members came to the baby shower which was pretty cool (kid and guy friendly). To that extent, friends from two different mustang forums were there. Goes to show the awesome friendships out there from sites like this one. One of them from another forum goes back to 2005 but I like to think of everyone there as "lifers" if they can tolerate me that long haha. Thank you guys. Some of the MM items:

(Group buy)

Storing most of the baby shower stuff in th dining room until my wife unloads them in the room, she's waiting for me to 100℅ be done with it :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Haven't posted in about a month. Except for mounting his surveillance camera on the wall, his room is done. We decided not to hang curtains for now. Troy gave me something else for Jacob that I won't post for now, you'll know who it's from when baby Jacob wears it for the first time.

Before

After

Couple of panoramas:

Facing left wall, closer door immediate left, bedroom door far left

Facing right wall standing at bedroom door. Closer door far right.

Crib wall.

I love these oars and Dr Seuss map

Those books are both hollow. We're going to store some of his creation journey in there, like a pic of his frozen embryo and other misc stuff as he grows.

.....And I jumped ahead a little bit. I assume he will like cars so I grabbed some 1/18 scale models tonight for him.

All black Gallardo Superleggera
Silver Huracan LP 610-4
Black w/silver stripe Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Red 2013 SRT Viper GTS
Orange pearl Gallardo Superleggera
Red Ferrari F50
Red Gen 2 SVT Lightning

Favorite one is the bottom haha

141 - 160 of 200 Posts