Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
it does have a little bit of different smell for a little, bit with a O/R pipe, your cars exhaust is going to smell a little worst(in some peoples minds, i think it smells better) , your exhaust will smell a little more potent

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I had a new o/r x and i wouldnt say it smelled bad..it had a sweet smell to it..but ya it went away..somewhere around 100 or so miles on it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Naw, I think that it's cuz you get use to it. I've had an O/R X-pipe with the rear 02 sensors shut off (or mil eliminators if you choose) for 3000 miles...same smell. Although, I've learned how not to experience it as often thru driving style. Keeping the revs above 2K all the time helps alot and above 2500 up hills. Avoid bogging the motor.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Getting rid of the cats is what makes it smell more potent. After removing the cats from three of my cars, I could smell the exhaust a lot more. It dose not go away after a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
after i got my o/r x it was pretty strong at first. when i first started it at the garage there was actually quite a bit of blue smoke. after driving it around for a day or so it did mellow out. now there is only a slight smell

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well at least no ones car here smells like one of those wet eggy farts when you get down on it. <---guilty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts