Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES. :yes
Major....very big people, with very expensive cars, and pretty fat wallets.

1st: Hyundai Genesis.
Brand spankin' new.
But sadly, it has TONS of swirls for being brand new, and being white, ITS VERY DIRTY. rail dust out da' azz'.

2nd: Cadillac CTS4 (wth is the 4 there..for?)
Not so bad, almost brand new, 7k miles.
just a little swirly, and needs a polish/wax/seal etc.

3rd: Mitsubishi EVO IX (9)
Hasn't had protection in 2 years or so..and just 2 weeks ago i washed/cleaned the interior for the first time in 2 years.
It has pretty bad swirls, bud its dark shadow gray, so you really cant tell.
around the gas tank is what look like gas residue, i was thinking a little dawn/apc in my wash bucket before i start?
The car just needs to be taken car of, and thats where i come in. :)

If i do a good job on these cars...he said he'd take me to his friends house who has...
1. Caddy Escalade
2. Bently GT (i think?)
3. Rolls Royce Phantom

If anyone has info on those, and the ones i listed above's paint types, im all ears. :)

Also Danny, i ordered the uber pads 2 yellow, 2 green, 1 blue. just like you said. :D

Vince.
(and as always, write-ups will go for each car. :yes)

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and just so you guys know, Detailers Domain is about 2 hours from me here in NJ.
:D
i ordered the pads yesterday, and they should be here today. F-YEAH.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Nice job those pads are really good and will last you as long as you care for them properly. You are really lucky the you live so close to Phil. If I lived next to him I would go take a cruise down there and visit him see what rides he is working on and pick up some supplies while there. On the white genisis check out this thread I would do the duragloss combos. Also if you get the opportunity to work on the highend luxury rides make sure you know what your doing and take the utmost care when working on them. This still goes for every detail you do but you have to be extra careful on the 200+k vehicles.

Best combo to make white stupidly bright

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any more tips you can give me on the evo? :D

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and also, i dont have the cash to get the duragloss combo, but after this, im DEFINITELY going to have the cash to buy whatever i want. :]

the guy im doing to cars for, likes solid cash numbers.
so what do you think i could charge for just the caddy and genesis?

650?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
and also, i dont have the cash to get the duragloss combo, but after this, im DEFINITELY going to have the cash to buy whatever i want. :]

the guy im doing to cars for, likes solid cash numbers.
so what do you think i could charge for just the caddy and genesis?

650?
What are you planning to do to them? and are you asking 650 for each or for both?

As for the evo checkout both links. I dont suggest you do what the poster did in the first link because he has alot more experience and access to more products and tools than you. But read the thread either way. I suggest somthing like 203S and a yellow uber to be on the safe side check out second link;)

Detailed: 2010 Evo X Octane Blue (CQuartz)

911fanatic vs Evo

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Genesis 3 step, wash clay compound polish seal wax.

Caddy wash clay polish seal wax.
:)

Ultimate compound in the yellow pads, and ultimate polish on the green, with the selant on blue, and wax by hand, yeh?

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I would be doing alot of research before hand...

Me personally I would have to be EXTREMELY comfortable with detailing before I started doing other peoples cars...

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
I hope you have insurance if you're going to do a Bentley and a Rolls :lol

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh believe me, i will do a ton of research.
I always do before something important.

Im also not nervous about doing other peoples cars, it comes natural to me, and is beyond fun, even with the nastiest of cars (which are secretly the best :evil: ) :yes

i got my pads in today, so on thursday ill probably be going up. :)

@Gerbig, even if i did **** something up, the guy is so rich, he probably would even care. (he goes through cars like toilet paper.) :lmao

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Genesis 3 step, wash clay compound polish seal wax.

Caddy wash clay polish seal wax.
:)

Ultimate compound in the yellow pads, and ultimate polish on the green, with the selant on blue, and wax by hand, yeh?
The first is actually a two step and the second is a one step, protection is not part of the correction process its a must... so its not part of it, but of course included in the process you just cant say its a 3 step.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i honestly dont even remember posting that, it was at what 4:30, hahaha, my nyquill was kicking in then.
but okay!
now ive got my terms right. :]

and back on topic, what about prices?
the 650$ i said above would be for both.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i honestly dont even remember posting that, it was at what 4:30, hahaha, my nyquill was kicking in then.
but okay!
now ive got my terms right. :]

and back on topic, what about prices?
the 650$ i said above would be for both.
Since your just starting out I guess thats ok and since your using OTC products I guess its not too bad. Just remember dont garantee 100% correction or even 90% because if you can get there with those product your going to look bad in the end. I you split the time say you take 30 hours on both well then you would have made $21.67 an hour but if it takes you 40 hours on both then you make $16.25 an hour so its not that great of a pay out.

That is why if I am going to do that type of work its at least $35 an hour, but I do use quality products so that is also a factor and I work on the vehicle as if its my own. I am even thinking my next major job if and when I get it, will be at $40 an hour because it just takes a long time and I am using my own personal products that are for my vehicles.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i see, and no, i didnt guarantee 90%, because i know i cant get there, like you said. :p

after this job, i should have a decent about of cash, and then you guys can send me links to good compounds, and polishes. (or you can do it now :shiftyeyes)
also, you suck.
i spent 2 hours today looking through DB

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Nice man! do your best!

If i were you, i'd ask for a down payment before just so you can get GOOD products!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i see, and no, i didnt guarantee 90%, because i know i cant get there, like you said. :p

after this job, i should have a decent about of cash, and then you guys can send me links to good compounds, and polishes. (or you can do it now :shiftyeyes)
also, you suck.
i spent 2 hours today looking through DB
Thats good man, oh and I am glad you liked DB join up you will like it. Just dont believe everything your here on there.

Nice man! do your best!

If i were you, i'd ask for a down payment before just so you can get GOOD products!
This is another option I include materials separately so the client is paying for the required materials I dont have on hand.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
So how did you get your name out there? just throwing out cards to business owners?

I don't want heavy work, just a car or two to do on the weekends for some extra money!!

any suggestions?

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Facebook is your friend for advertising. Also I had some business cards made and I put them on cork boards at places and I put some on the front desk where I work.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Facebook is your friend for advertising. Also I had some business cards made and I put them on cork boards at places and I put some on the front desk where I work.
Mmm facebook!

Idk i feel bad charging my "friends" a lot of money to detail!

what'd a good fee for a full detail (wash, clay, paint correction, wash) I've honestly just been letting it slide, make them pay for product and throw me a tip! mostly because i enjoyed the practice and trying new things...not on my own car :p

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Wash, clay, paint correction? Do you have a DA or rotary buffer?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts