Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well still dealing with the "readiness" problem, today I pick my car up from Ford who says the car passed all the moniter tests and it should be fine to pass inspection. So I go to inspection for the 7th time and the car fails..again. I tell them it's bullshit because I have paperwork from Ford right in my hand that says I passed, so they direct me to the manager. The manager tells me there are two ways to test a car, the maufacturers way and generic way. Apparently Ford tested it the manufacturers way and that's why it passed. If it was tested the generic way I could go to the DEP and have the car emissions tested and get the **** over with, but of course that's not the case..why would anything be that easy for me :mad:

So now I've been charged by the stealer to do nothing to my car and I'm back at square one. The car still won't pass no matter what I do. I'm 1100 miles in and done the drivecycle countless times. I was going to try passing without the custom tune on the car but if I pull the tune the car runs like absolute ****, and there is no way they'll pass a car that can't even stay running without having to give it gas.

So what do you guys think? I'm gonna take a poll here,

1: Buy a new ecu? If that will even work?

2: Take it back to Ford and have them rob me of hundreds maybe thousands to probably tell me to go back to inspection in the end, only to fail again.

3: Light it on fire and collect the insurance (Leaning toward this option right now)

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
i dont know how you failed. I passed in my car LOL.

Seriously find someone to pass you.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
I agree, just pay a guy to pass it and be hush hush about it. Spend maybe $100 on that vs. much more going to the dealership.

·
Banned
416 Posts
I'd go the "insurance claim" route...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Try switching to a tune that doesn't have the rear o2s turned off and put Mils in. Bet that lets you pass.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Try switching to a tune that doesn't have the rear o2s turned off and put Mils in. Bet that lets you pass.
This is how my 03 is, my only not ready code is P1000.
It doesn't go away, unless you restore the stock tune.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MFJ I'm glad you hear me lol.

The tune isn't causing the car to fail cause its not emissions, it's the system not being "ready" and not responding to any moniters. Everything is coming up "unsupported"

Trust me I've already been to 2 places willing to pay for a sticker. They said they could have done it if I never went to the state inspection place. Now that I'm in there system as failed I can only go back to them until I pass. So I can't even buy my way out of trouble this time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
you could try putting a blown fuse in for your dlc (data link connector) and have them run the emissions test. Pa law is if the inspector runs the vehicle and the emissions machine cant communicate with the vehicle, it gets a sticker after 3 failed communication attempts... worth a shot? Check for NJ first though to see if that is the case... sorry man I'd put a sticker on if for you

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dude id atleast tell the dealer ya want your money back ,or they have to fix the problem. Don't even tell them about the generic or manufacturers way, just tell them you just paid them and they didnt even fix the problem this way hopefully you'll atleast get youre money back or problem fixed,either way that really sucks,wish ya the best of luck man.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
can a dealership not inspect a car i nthe state of new jersey?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
That's what my tune does, it says "Not Supported" for all of that stuff, and it passes every time. It's the stuff that's turned off in the tune that's causing it to come up "Not Supported", not the ECU or anything else.

I'm lucky enough that here in NC, unless they pull out the book that says what is supposed to be supported for each vehicle, mine still passes, and the old guy I go to isn't going to spend any time doing that.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The tune isn't causing the car to fail cause its not emissions, it's the system not being "ready" and not responding to any moniters. Everything is coming up "unsupported"
That usually means that something that the P1000 readiness test checks is turned off in the tune(such as rear O2s, EGR, ect.).

Why won't your car run on a stock tune? Maybe you do actually have a problem that your tune is helping to mask.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Dude, bring it back to the dealer and ask for the manager and be firm, say "listen, I've had my car here so many times, paid so much money so it will pass inspection, and anywhere I take it says it wont pass. Did you guys even do anything to my car? I either want my ****ing money back or I want you get it to pass. End of story." :D

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I still say try my idea. Get the same tune minus the rear o2s being turned off and put MILs on it. That will get rid of the system readiness code and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Dude, bring it back to the dealer and ask for the manager and be firm, say "listen, I've had my car here so many times, paid so much money so it will pass inspection, and anywhere I take it says it wont pass. Did you guys even do anything to my car? I either want my ****ing money back or I want you get it to pass. End of story." :D
They can't do anything about it if the tune has everything disabled like mine is. It comes up no problems on everything but the emissions computer, and it says "Not Enabled" on it. I'm lucky because the guy that inspects my car doesn't care, because it doesn't say "FAILED" or "Not Ready"

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Where did you get your tune from? Id get a different tune. That sucks man.

My tuner can make any car pass inspection, he knows some pretty cool **** with SCT

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Where did you get your tune from? Id get a different tune. That sucks man.

My tuner can make any car pass inspection, he knows some pretty cool **** with SCT
+1. get a tune with the obd2 stuff turned on. you will need a egr and mil eliminators too

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm gonna ask the dealer for a refund but I kinda doubt they will give me one since they make you sign a contract for a diagnostics fee just to look at the thing.

Now since everyone is saying so, I'm thinking it's my tune. The reason the "stock" tune won't work is because it's the ecu from my old motor hooked up to a new motor. I got in dynoed/tuned so it would run better. My car was tuned by Radical Racing in Atco so I'm gonna call that sucker tomorrow and be like wtf. I don't see why he would turn off my o2's if the car has cats and rear 02 sensors? I guess I'll just have to find that out tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate how MM comes together to help out fellow members.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
+1. get a tune with the obd2 stuff turned on. you will need a egr and mil eliminators too
The car has the stock egr system and has rear O2's with extensions. Can I just go into my "custom" tune and turn on the rear O2's? Or would this be something the tuner himself (2 hours away :mad:) would have to do and probably ****in charge me money for it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
you could try putting a blown fuse in for your dlc (data link connector) and have them run the emissions test. Pa law is if the inspector runs the vehicle and the emissions machine cant communicate with the vehicle, it gets a sticker after 3 failed communication attempts... worth a shot? Check for NJ first though to see if that is the case... sorry man I'd put a sticker on if for you
This is very interesting,can you quote where that comes from(vehicle code or whatever)? I may need to use this w/ my inspector. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts