Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how the water can get into my car behind the passenger seat and drivers seat?

im looking for the photos of the draining lines.
i used to get water where the top goes but i sealed up the window with silicone and now its some how under both seats and it makes my car smell terrible

·
Registered
741 Posts
There is a drain plug under the side skirts. What has happend is you gotten dirt and junk all in it and not allow the water to drain that comes from the side of your top. So the water fills up.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
There is a drain plug under the side skirts. What has happend is you gotten dirt and junk all in it and not allow the water to drain that comes from the side of your top. So the water fills up.
This! Happened to a buddy of mine. It was clogged with wet leaves and gunk. Clean it out and you'll be good to go

·
Registered
741 Posts
This! Happened to a buddy of mine. It was clogged with wet leaves and gunk. Clean it out and you'll be good to go
Can you explain better or with pic on exactly where the drain plug at? I know of it, but never was able o find it myself. I too have same problem, but my car stays stored in cover and I drive it hardley. I only knew of what causing the problem. Thanx

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you explain better or with pic on exactly where the drain plug at? I know of it, but never was able o find it myself. I too have same problem, but my car stays stored in cover and I drive it hardley. I only knew of what causing the problem. Thanx
please picture :) that will help me out a lot, next week when then sun comes out im putting the top down and taking out the carpet.

do i need to take out the rear seat at all to get to it?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I know you don't have to take the seat out. I read on another forum. You have to stick like a screwdriver in the hole and then try using some compressed air to blow out all the junk in it. The problem is when the water runs down the side of the top. It's suppose to drain. But since the drain hole is clogged. It over flows into the bottom of the floor board. I don't have access to my car. But if you do find the drain plug. Could you please post pic of it..

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i really need a photo too, the only one i can find is one where the skirt is completly pulled off and theres like 6 holes, and honestly i feel like those are holes to put the skirt back on, when i feel under my car i just feel flat surface too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts