Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
that and make sure your using the right gasket, I know like you wouldn't have checked already... I'm just saying maybe it looks like the right one but isn't, lord knows that's happened to me

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I had a personal experience. there are several types of gaskets for the waterpump every waterpump has a different design if you buy the gasket set you will notice different shapes and one of those shapes are the right gasket. thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
852 Posts
It's not uncommon for other parts to fail when installing new parts

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
its your cars way of telling you that you wasted money on an ac delete kit

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
the bolt passages through the timing cover tend to go right after the wp...make sure thats not whats leaking...additionally if it was only your water pump...the reason for the sudden leak is most likely a result of sitting for such a long time as you were deployed...i have gone through 3 waterpumps...i drive my car alll summer long, then winter comes and she sits around for about 6 mo...in this time the peep seals dry rot and start to leak once the car starts getting driven regularly again...could just be a coincidence that when u replaced the headers the wp started leaking.

hopefully u fixed it though, pullin the timing cover with the motor in the car is kinda a bitch just bc u have to splice in a new part of the oil pan gasket! good luck.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its your cars way of telling you that you wasted money on an ac delete kit

ummm. its deff not a waste of money, i just dropped close to 30lbs out of the front, and freed up some HP, now i need an electric fan and im goin to dyno her, all the lil things add up, (little by little) she is coming together and i cant wait to feel her with all my other stuff being installed!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
ummm. its deff not a waste of money, i just dropped close to 30lbs out of the front, and freed up some HP, now i need an electric fan and im goin to dyno her, all the lil things add up, (little by little) she is coming together and i cant wait to feel her with all my other stuff being installed!
Id rather 2 less hp and 30 lbs to have a/c.

·
Registered
222 Posts
that and make sure your using the right gasket, I know like you wouldn't have checked already... I'm just saying maybe it looks like the right one but isn't, lord knows that's happened to me
The Felpro kits I use come with 4 different water pump to timing cover gaskets...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts