·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I mod for power next? Current list:

• Cold Air Intake
  • MSD 8.5mm Ignition wires
  • H-Pipe w/ Flowmaster 40s
Im thinking 3.73 Gears with a t-lok (lsd), then a UD Pulley, Shift kit (auto trans), tune, and maybe some bigger injectors? What about a 65mm intake?

However, way down the road I would like to throw in a Super Charger and I heard a UD Pulley hampers the pulley on one....

·
Registered
549 Posts
yeah if your serious about the s/c dont bother with the UD pulley. as for the fuel injectors i dont think you'll need them untill you get some type of power adder. IMO i would say start porting from the top down. upper then lower... and so on

edit* after the gears t-lok and shift kit that is

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm not too positively sure but, what exactly is happening to the intakes when you "port 'n polish"?

·
Registered
300 Posts
if you need t-lok and gears and are serious about a poweradder pick up a 8.8 rear from a junkyard from a gt+

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
get the tuner now, get it from trick tunes cause they are amazingly easy to work with and are compitent tuners...

then gears a Traction Lock ... the rest, throttle body, injectors... things like that aren't really worth it unless you are going to go with a power adder... or you do some engine work... might i suggest saving the money that you would spend on that and see if chris torres can hook you up with a set of CNC heads and get a nice cam

·
Registered
249 Posts
A little OT, but do you have a sound clip of your exhaust setup? You have the exact setup I am looking at?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
What should I mod for power next? Current list:
  • Cold Air Intake
  • MSD 8.5mm Ignition wires
  • H-Pipe w/ Flowmaster 40s
Im thinking 3.73 Gears with a t-lok (lsd), then a UD Pulley, Shift kit (auto trans), tune, and maybe some bigger injectors? What about a 65mm intake?

However, way down the road I would like to throw in a Super Charger and I heard a UD Pulley hampers the pulley on one....
if you want a s/c then ud pulleys is a bad idea
bigger injectors arent needed unless your force inducted or running a big shot of nitrous on a built motor with a dry shot

65mm throttle body i'd get a ported intake and inlet to match
the 3.73s is a good idea
as well as the t-lok

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info everyone, Im going to take this into some major cosideration.

I got the CAI installed tonight, and that plus my new wires I cant really see a performence change, but I can tell a difference in the overall sound and feel of the engine. Plus hearing that Shwoosing sound from the passenger side while driving sounds bad ass.

I think im gonna go with some new gears first. I would get a 8.8 rear from a gt... but none of the junkyards around me have mustangs in 99-04. Atleast none that I have checked. Would it really make that much of a difference between the 8.8 and 7.5 rear end with gears?

SlideFox... I do not have a sound clip atm. However im taking some pics of my recent mods and will grab a sound clip from you. I can say that I love the sound. Its not annoying loud, but it is noticeable.

The other problem is, that when I get into mods like cams, heads, and so on... I have no idea what I would be doing. What mods to add hp could I do myself? Which would I need to take to a shop?

Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone, Im going to take this into some major cosideration.

I got the CAI installed tonight, and that plus my new wires I cant really see a performence change, but I can tell a difference in the overall sound and feel of the engine. Plus hearing that Shwoosing sound from the passenger side while driving sounds bad ass.

I think im gonna go with some new gears first. I would get a 8.8 rear from a gt... but none of the junkyards around me have mustangs in 99-04. Atleast none that I have checked. Would it really make that much of a difference between the 8.8 and 7.5 rear end with gears?

SlideFox... I do not have a sound clip atm. However im taking some pics of my recent mods and will grab a sound clip from you. I can say that I love the sound. Its not annoying loud, but it is noticeable.

The other problem is, that when I get into mods like cams, heads, and so on... I have no idea what I would be doing. What mods to add hp could I do myself? Which would I need to take to a shop?

Thanks in advance for the help
Sounds Good! (I Hope :))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts