Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at first I was going to get a 03/04 cobra tank with twin GT supercar pumps for $500something and the guy sold it to someone who was willing to pay more:piss2::baller: so now i just bought the AEM pump From JPC. I did search the forum and all i found was good reviews but,with the 320lph can i get away without a BAP? im looking to make 370-400hp. Also does anyone have a write up in the install? :headscratcher:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Yes a 320 pump will support the power you are looking to push. I don't not have a write up but the install is very simple. Just cut down the top of the fuel hat some and it will fit. Very simple. I am sure someone on here has a write up though.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Another tip, break the clips off fuel hat, they make it a huge pita to remove the pumps/hat. That way if something goes wrong or you're upgrading down the road, all you have to do is remove the ~8 bolts holding the hat to the tank.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
so baisicly all i have to do is splice in the connector, and dremel the top to make room for it to fit? Should i drill holes in the basket?
Yes that's it. Very simple. It took me longer to drop the tank then to actually put the pump in. I wouldn't worry about drilling any holes. I haven't drilled and with the pump and its fine.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Not sure about the AEM 320 but with the 340lph I use I had to clearance the top and I drilled 3 holes near the bottom of the basket. Dropping the tank was easy 1 man, 20min. job for me lol.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
When I dropped my tank the fuel filter was being a pita to get off. So that took an extra couple min. I did mine in like 25-30.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
you will need a fuel line disconnect tool for the hose, 13mm socket for the gas tank straps, and 5/16" socket for the fuel hat. Make sure its as empty as possible and use a jack to lower and raise it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts