Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my package from autoality came in today, containing a pot of Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore paste wax, and 2 foam applicators.

So i go to open the XXX, im stoked cause i remember seeing Sonics picture, he color was really nice and so was the pot. So when i open it, a clear separated liquid spills everywhere because i wasnt holding it level, because i didnt expect that to be an issue with a solid wax....So i figured it was just condensation or something, but it turns out, the whole pot is like a liquid grits consistency. Its separated and not fully solid, which it should be. And its not like its melted, its 65 degrees outside and about 70 in my house. Ive melted down petes before and it hardened back perfectly into what it was. This stuff is DEmulsified.

So im emailing Eric at autoality, im sure he will fix me up, but its just frustrating cause I was gonna probably use it on an upcoming client i have.

Here are some pics SONIC, post your pic so you can see the difference

Untitled by ModdedMach, on Flickr

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Holy crap man. . . That is ridiculous. I doubt he knew when he sent it and I guess this is our first issue with AA/DC so we will find out how he deals with this stuff. Freakin a man, sorry you ended up being the guinea pig.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wow thats crazy i remember getting my wax from autozone and it look just like that lol it was some formula one wax i was upset. I still used it though.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
exactly what my Glasur was like..the heat from the summer caused it to melt in the shipping box. I just shook it up and then put it in the fridge for 20mins..good to go.

I guess XXX is a really soft wax as well. the softer the wax the easier it melts. I shipped Chris my full size pot of Fuzion during the summer and that is a much harder style wax then my glasur and he had no issues with any melting. I will bet thats probably what it is..Was it decently hot in your area during the shipping?

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy crap man. . . That is ridiculous. I doubt he knew when he sent it and I guess this is our first issue with AA/DC so we will find out how he deals with this stuff. Freakin a man, sorry you ended up being the guinea pig.
Its not AA/DCs fault, its CG, on the one hand, i want a replacement pot, on the other, i dont want a wax thats going to separate randomly, even for 20 dollars that seems really cheaply made to me. Ive read on the net that a few people have had the same problem, which obviously means it has to do that with super duper awesome imusification process they use on XXX.

I may just get credit and order a different lower end wax. I need a good cheaper wax for clients who dont wanna pay much but want a good look and protection. Something like Collinite 915 or something similar. I just dont wanna take a chance on having a wax that may just separate over time. It doesnt make any sense, ive melted down petes to see through liquid consistency and poured it into a sample, let it dry and it was perfect. This stuff seems like you wouldnt be able to do that, at all.

Im sure Eric will take care of me, im just not sure what im gonna do yet, idk if i want another pot of this wax. CG let me down on this one.

I kinda wanna try Colli anyways, pretty renown wax for the price.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
well find out first to see if heat did it. Cause if it did then just put it in the fridge and your good. Hell that glasur I sent you. dont let it sit anywhere warm. even in my detailing cabinet if the house is like 75 you can see the top of it will start to glisten cause its already melting

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry i meant Colli 476s, its like 18 bucks for 10oz, and judging by the youtube vids BANG for the buck lol. Again, this is for use on clients cars who want to pay the lowest price and get a quality protection.

People can choose a higher end LSP for a higher price.... lol.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well find out first to see if heat did it. Cause if it did then just put it in the fridge and your good. Hell that glasur I sent you. dont let it sit anywhere warm. even in my detailing cabinet if the house is like 75 you can see the top of it will start to glisten cause its already melting
Ill throw it in the fridge, im about to go to dinner, so if its not fixed by the time i get back we will see.

Its just, it was outside all day, it was like 65 degrees, very cool. idk we will see.

Pete's kinda does what youre talking about tho, if it gets in the mid 70s, its still soft, but you can see it almost start to glisten a little lol, maybe thats a sign of a good wax. Maybe i do need to keep my **** in the fridge, im gonna mix up that XXX and toss it in, ill update when i get home.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wow that's really surprising. My XXX was solid when it came to me from DC. If you switch it for Colly, let us know about the durability of it

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I bet it will set back up

Sent From Jelly Bean Gnex

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Vader is correct as well. When he sent me the fuzion I had no issue and that was during summer. Still think its a great wax for the price

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With any product they can go bad, just call for a replacement

Either Eric or cg will stand behind their product
I think im gonna just ask for a replacement, i already emailed eric, i can tell from sonics pic that it should be fully solid and the same consistency as petes.

I bet it will set back up

Negative, its not runny now, but its the same consistency as mashed potatoes, lol, actually its softer than that, its not liquid now, but its FOR SURE not solid. You can just tell its not right, no nuba should melt to liquid at 65 degrees.

Im sure Eric will expedite a replacement.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Maybe you got a super one off pot of super wax

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe you got a super one off pot of super wax

I sure hope so, i really want this to be my Go-to base price wax. Im gonna go ahead and get the same thing again.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I sure hope so, i really want this to be my Go-to base price wax. Im gonna go ahead and get the same thing again.
I still plan on buying a pot

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do have to say tho, the Buff n Shine applicators are VERY nice, i mean they are just foam, but they are tapered at the edges which is perfect for wax application and the foam is a really good quality, it seems like i would throw down a nice thin coat. I will probably pick up a 10pk next time i order from DC.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have faith! With anything there can be bad batches you'll love the wax once it shows up in correct form lol
Im sure i will, sonic you should look into the BnS applicators from DC, they are nice man, way nicer than the applicator that came with Fuzion.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts