Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i put on a new belt on my 04 n/a gt. the old one was cherping and skeaking. i went to oriellys and bought a gatorback belt. i kid you not it sounds like my car is procharged. it has the whine and gets louder as the rmps go up. i love it. had a vette rev up on me at a stop light so i did to and after that i heard no more from him lol. just thought i would let everyone know..

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
um...... it's not supposed to wind....... sounds like the tensioner isnt' tight enough

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought too. its tight. i even had a few of the old gear heads at work double check. it whines. i think its the way the belt is cut out. instead of being smooth even groves its wavy.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i kid you not it sounds like my car is procharged. it has the whine and gets louder as the rmps go up. i love it. .

haha i dont think thats something you should love or even like bro it means your tensioner is bad or you need to take off the other pulleys and clean them anyways im almost sure its the tensioner id get a new one.... i have a gatorback and i dont have any whine its not suppose to :no

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I have a gator and mine doesnt do that. I thing that chirp was probably a pulley bearing going bad. I think I have one starting myself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts