Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
That is twice what it should cost. I paid $400 for gears and Tlok install.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hahah i guess theyre not as reputable as you thought.......j/k
but seriously, thats way too much. $300 at the most.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
That's pretty harsh. I paid $400 for parts and labor at a mustang shop where it was a monthly gear special. And labor's considered fairly expensive here in south Florida.

With that being said though, another shop wanted $1100 for parts and labor. Just shop around a bit.

·
Registered
812 Posts
haha, I've gotten a few price qutoes as well, all were over $700, guess i'll keep looking

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Is that with the gears, install kit and oil? If so, that's not too far off and you probably won't be able to find it much cheaper than that.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I was quoted $300, but the mechanic added in like gear oil, bearings, some other **** and it ended up being almost $500

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
SFL people - where are ya'll getting gears and install for $300-$400??? I'm new to the stang scene here and don't know any good shops! (sorry to thread jack)

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
That doesnt sound right at all...
Just got a quote from my local mustang shop

$549 for 4:10 FRPP, install and including syn fluids..

Of course then you have to pay $350+ for a tuner & tune..

So if it's both of those may not be too bad?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
ummmmmmm yeah you got my number i told you i can get gears installed for 125... you just buy the gears and the install kit....i see you are a hard headed dude lol... i have some 4.10s you can buy and some 3.73s 100 bucks for both..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts