Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its my b-day tomorrow and i think i deserve a gift. i still haven't put my CMDPs in lol. and i've got hoodpins just sitting in a box in my room. i was thinkin about installing that **** this weekend and maybe get one or two more things. i'm thinkin u/d pullies and some mac lt's. does this sound like a good b-day present? or should i look for something else. either way exhaust is at the top of the list. i was thinkin of a carriage works grille too, but i like having foglights and i hate having them in my grille lol.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
why wouldint longtubes and pullies be a good present????

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, i've figured the mid-pipe into the cost of the headers. as for the tune, do i just turn off the rear o2 sensors or what?

·
Registered
194 Posts
The pulley's and LTs are a good idea, but if you want to race your car, a Line Lock is also a good investment or a one piece aluminum drive shaft. Or a set of gears is always cool for some real seat of the pants acceleration.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
****, ok. do you think it would be worth it for a dyno tune at this point? or should i wait on that till after some cams or whatever (cams won't happen for a long time though).

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pulley's and LTs are a good idea, but if you want to race your car, a Line Lock is also a good investment or a one piece aluminum drive shaft. Or a set of gears is always cool for some real seat of the pants acceleration.
i'm not really much of a racer. i'll hit the track once in a blue moon but that's it. but speaking of drivetrain, i've thought about gears but i've already got 3.55s so 3.73s wouldn't really be that noticable would they? i'd go with 4.10s but i just don't like the idea of cruising at 70mph at over 3k rpms.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Honestly, I think a dyno tune would be a waste of your money. You would get more out of it than a canned tune, but I think if I were in your shoes, I would be happy with an email tune and pocket the difference.

BTW- Gears are a great idea for an affordable gift to yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts