Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
IIRC from when I did my blower install, 05-09 Thermostats had an issue that was fixed with the 2010. I think replacing with a 2010 unit is the fix.. Not 100%, but worth looking into.

·
Extraordinary Posterior
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O'reilly......could that be the problem!? Maybe I will look into getting a 2010 thermostat........are they the same size??

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
I ve bought a 2 fuel pumps from their and neither worked right out of the box. Sometimes you just get a bad part,

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
From 03-2010 they are all the same size, But the OEM Ford one had some issues I think. When I was installing the manifold for my blower on my 2010GT, the manufacturer of the manifold suggested that anyone with a 09 or below should replace the thermostat. I'll do alittle research and figure out why...

Also, how do you know its bad? Whats happening, overheating?

·
Extraordinary Posterior
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it was overheating.....also the hose below the thermostat would stay cold, even at operating temp. I took it out and heated it up and it didn't open.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I work at Oreillys ****ers lol

But the parts are different. Never will they be factory parts ..... Just letting you know so some of the parts don't function the same..... Goodluck

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always drill a 1/8" hole in the thermostat flat so there is always a flow. That will help with overheating in the event it sticks closed at a less than convenient time.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Did you install it facing the correct direction?

·
Extraordinary Posterior
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lol yes i did. the first time i did it 6 months ago i didn't :facepalm: but then i fixed it right after......so yeah, this time i did! :)

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Get a fail safe thermostat so at least if it fails, it locks in the open position.

·
Extraordinary Posterior
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A fail safe thermostat sounds interesting...Ive never heard of such thing, it makes sense tho. If it goes again I will look into something else. But they only cost a few doll hairs so its not like it broke me or anything.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I ve bought a 2 fuel pumps from their and neither worked right out of the box. Sometimes you just get a bad part,
Yeah, as far as bad parts go, when I bought my car, the throwout bearing (which is hydraulic) was really noisy. FYI, Hydraulic TOBs don't go bad... so, maybe your thermostat(s) and my TOB were made on monday and/or friday

1 - 20 of 36 Posts