Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I picked up my car yesterday (FINALLY!) and now i dont really know where to start. I really have no mechanical skills. Ive never torn into an engine. I hesitant to do a PI swap when I dont think I could do it myself (Especially out of a hotel room and in a hotel parking lot). I really wanna start adding power to this though. As of right now it feels like it has a lot of power, but i think thats just because Im used to driving a truck. Where should a person with no skill start? I suppose I could pay someone to do the PI swap, but I think thatd be like, a lot of money (not sure how muh that stuff costs. I have a bit of money saved up, but I dont want to spend $3000 on a PI swap.) I did however order the Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Black headlights, and Shorty antenna yesterday.

on a side note, is there anyone here from the Wisconsin Area?

oh, and just another picture:

·
Registered
768 Posts
I am from wisconsin. WHere are you located?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also, just because this car feels to have as much power as the 04 GT I drove, how can you tell for sure if it already has the PI swap? I mean cus the car has some minor stuff done that makes me think that someone may have dug in a little deeper than what I can see.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i believe the heads will have PI stamped on them. i am not sure...someone will chime in. I am up near lacrosse. Thats north of you

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i believe the heads will have PI stamped on them. i am not sure...someone will chime in. I am up near lacrosse. Thats north of you
Sweet, I go up to lacrosse all the time actually. I was living in Sparta originally, now im in Tomah, but still only about 45 minutes to get there. Have any experience with swapping heads? ;) lol.

the WILL have PI stamped on them
Ok, Ill pop the hood when the sun is hopefully out tomorrow if it stops snowing. Thank you. Will it be somewhere easily visible?

·
Registered
768 Posts
yea. doesnt this snow suck!!! i had the stang out for awhile but put it away last night when i found out i had a flat tire. I do have experience swapping heads just not on a mustang. I still have to do the pi swap to mine. Someday

·
Registered
768 Posts
haha. that vid is great!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it does. I almost wrecked my truck on the way to work today. It would have sucked cus Ive got so much money into it, lol. But I was sliding all over the place.

·
Registered
768 Posts
have pics of the truck? or is it stock?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I got my tire fixed. and nj is quite a long way to drive for a tire but thanks anyway. Ijust was told of a great deal today that i think i am gonna take. month old 18" black 5 spoke rims with month old tires for $400.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Its got the paint, 2" of lift all around, nerf bars, Bull Bars, Painted to match rain guards, CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Custom Tonneau, Painted Tail Lights and its an 05 with 35k miles

1 - 20 of 56 Posts