Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the R6 that I had bought again after my accident. I just bought a new house and I figured it could go into the 30% down payment I put in.

But what really caused me to sell it is the fact that I'm still messed up from my accident last year in April. I'm still in physical therapy, and potentially looking at another shoulder surgery in the next year or so. I really decided I don't want to risk doing this again. I just turned 25 last week and I want to try to make the prime of my life the best I can. Riding for me at this point, is too much of a risk.

Maybe in 15-20 years I'll hop back on one, but for now I'll let someone else enjoy what I've loved for years. I'll still be a huge MotoGP fan, still collect Rossi helmets (terrible hobby).

I'm hoping to purchase a high end toy in the next year or so once I'm all settled into the house. Obviously the bike will need replacing with another toy :)

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,083 Posts
Sucks to hear but as long as you're safe troy, the better things are! Congrats on your house. I'm insanely jealous. Can't wait to See what toy you get next.

Started my bike up today. I miss it. It's the only toy I have until I finish my cobra

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I'm in the same kind of boat. My bike is for sale as well. NO time to ride with 3 kids. I bought that thing in August of 2013 and I've put an amazing 3k miles on it. So it's for sale with the hope of hopping into a "toy" car of some sort once it's gone. I, like you, absolutely love riding, but can't justify having that's just pretty to look at in the garage.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sold the R6 that I had bought again after my accident. I just bought a new house and I figured it could go into the 30% down payment I put in.

But what really caused me to sell it is the fact that I'm still messed up from my accident last year in April. I'm still in physical therapy, and potentially looking at another shoulder surgery in the next year or so. I really decided I don't want to risk doing this again. I just turned 25 last week and I want to try to make the prime of my life the best I can. Riding for me at this point, is too much of a risk.

Maybe in 15-20 years I'll hop back on one, but for now I'll let someone else enjoy what I've loved for years. I'll still be a huge MotoGP fan, still collect Rossi helmets (terrible hobby).

I'm hoping to purchase a high end toy in the next year or so once I'm all settled into the house. Obviously the bike will need replacing with another toy :)
What about a dirtbike/dual sport? Nothing like blasting through trails.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I seemed to hardly ever have time to ride my bike without taking time away from the wife and kids. So after like 13 years or so of riding bikes I finally sold my 5th bike my RC 51 this past August and I really haven't considered getting another one even though some buddies have asked me if I plan on getting back on one. I miss it but I doubt I will be getting another one.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Got mine sold and bought another mustang. Can take the kids to school in it, go out with the fam or whatever. It needs work but will definitely get more use.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts