Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where i can get a solid axel swap kit?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
why not find someone thats wants the IRS.... just swap the irs and live axle at the same time.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
^good idea

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is a guy on the forum that has expressed interest in it. im just not sure what all i would need let me know if i left anything out. complete housing(Diff, gears, axels) brake calipers and brackets (or would the ones off a stock 8.8 work? UCA's LCA's sway bar and new brake lines

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has anyone bought the bolt in kit. im heavily thinking about doing it. just dont know where a good place to get it from it

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
there is a guy on the forum that has expressed interest in it. im just not sure what all i would need let me know if i left anything out. complete housing(Diff, gears, axels) brake calipers and brackets (or would the ones off a stock 8.8 work? UCA's LCA's sway bar and new brake lines
we did the solid axle swap not long ago on my friends 03 cobra...

on top of what you named off you will also need rear springs for the solid axle and the catback for the solid axle...

if you are just swapping with someone, it wouldnt be a problem..... 4 bolts and the IRS comes out completely

·
Registered
144 Posts
dude why didnt you ask me..ive already done it...besides the housing and internals all your gonna need it upper/lower control arms, shocks, springs, and brake brakets if your housing dont have it...im trying to find where i bought my kit from (housing, internals, all bearings) but the kit was only around 1200

·
Registered
144 Posts
i think i have a total of $1800-$2000 into my rearend swap...anyone need an irs?? 14k miles...needs housing cover, cv shaft, and toe link

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here go to this link, it is a complete swap kit. Its wicked expensive, but its what you were askin for, a direct swap kit with everything you need. 5.0 Mustangs, or Muscle Mustangs did a story on it, if I find it Ill post it. it goes into sensors, and brackets, and all the little whatnots you need to think about. I was considering doing the swap on my 01 Cobra, but Im not gonna spend a whole ton of time on the drag strip.

PHP IRS/Straight Axle Conversion Kit

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
or you could just go to a junkyard and take everything out of a wrecked GT, not easy to find but there out there

·
Registered
144 Posts
or you could just go to a junkyard and take everything out of a wrecked GT, not easy to find but there out there
i tried that when i did mine...i work in the parts dept. at a gm dealership and my price through the dealership for a 00 rearend with 68K miles they wanted $760....talk about raping someone

·
Registered
70 Posts
It was more of a joke, I've had no luck anywhere. I've decided on buying the good stuff anyways instead of spending all that time installing it only to have it break on me at the strip. Thanks anyways tho

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
IRS is not hated on the Mustangs. It all depends on what you are doing. A lot of people love the IRS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts