Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was gathering info for degreeing my cams and on item is a modified or solid lash adjuster, so i im looking for info on the modified adjuster (how to make one) and i started finding posts on using soild lash adjusters in the entire engine because the hyd adjusters tend to collapse around 5500rpm and with bigger cams. Other info i found stated that 30ish hp was to be gained with the adjusters as well. anyone have any feedback on this, plus how to make a solid adjuster for degreeing purposes

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
missing the point, i dont care to have the lifters vs lash adjuster argument. im asking what if any are the benefits of solid adjusters

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I know the solid lash adj and rocker arms(or followers) are very expensive,I have heard $2000+, and not worth it unless your building an all out motor. if you use the c/l method you can use a collapsed hyd one because your using max lift.

I had access to a lathe,so I made an adj lifter and I checked the readings between a collapsed lifter and this solid and it was the same. you cannot check open and closed events with the collapsed lash adj.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so should i buy a stock lifter and tack weld it and make it solid un colapsed or colapse it and then weld it?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
so should i buy a stock lifter and tack weld it and make it solid un colapsed or colapse it and then weld it?
just collapse it,no need to weld.you may want to buy a new one because if your luck is like mine it won't pump back up,it should pump up upon start-up

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
no issues at 5500 rpm's. some cams will at 6500 but never heard anything under 6500. cam set up is responsible for it too, thats why its important to know what cams require what. no need for solids, especially with mild cams. if you just wanted a set, give mmr a call.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so when degreeing the cam are the adjusters needed to be collapsed or not?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
the easiest way is to collapse the intake lash adjusters on #1 and #6 cyl and degree to centerline(or what cam card tells you). they must be fully collapsed,you can tell because the results will be repeatable. comp cams website has a good procedure write-up on how to do it.

you cannot degree the open and close events this way,you must use an adj solid lash adjuster if you want to do it this way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts