1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi gonna do my long tubes today n have a set of solid motor mounts, and

was wondering how harsh of a ride it would be? and well while im doing the

l/t's might as well swap the mounts. its not a daily driver just see

weekends and events. my boy says "it'll shake alot," :eek: is this true or not?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I have them on my car, and they do transmit a lot of vibration into the car, but I wouldn't call it "shakes the car a lot".

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them on my car, and they do transmit a lot of vibration into the car, but I wouldn't call it "shakes the car a lot".
so they are bearable nothing harsh? how do you like em after installing them

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My car has solid everything, so everything about it is harsh. I'm probably not the best judge of whether it's bearable, since I drive mine with full drag suspension, weight reduction and not a single rubber bushing left anywhere in the car......... lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
i've done the same thing in the past, both using motor plates i fabricated and solid motor mounts. you feel the engine vibration, and i wouldn't do it on a daily driver, but it's certainly "bearable".

on a race car, i like to have everything be solid as you get to know what the car is supposed to "feel" like and sound like.

i've always heard you want to keep the factory rubber trans mount though as you can crack the tranny housing if you mount that solid. don't know if that's true, but i've always left the stock trans mount in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put MM solid mounts on mine after i installed my longtubes, cause the longtubes hit the steering shaft at WOT and the passenger side mount had to be modified beyond a safe point to clear the header... They were generic parts store motor mounts, so that may have had something to do with it... But i installed the MM solid mounts and all my clearance problems went away... There is more vibration and you hear alot more sounds cause you've solid mounted the engine to the K-member, but it just takes some getting used to... Mine is a daily driver and i dont find it that bad... Its a Mustang, not a Luxury car, its supposed to make noise...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yeah poly mounts will handle all you can throw at it, I got mine from UPR with no problems. Buddie has a civic with solid mounts and it is very bad, I would never use solid's unless I had to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts