Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking for a few bling items..

I spent probably 4 hours today searching the web and the individual sites i know.. got jack and ****.. ok i found a couple..

anyway.. here's what I need.. if anyone knows where to buy PLEASE let me know

1) Radiator coolant tank (aluminum)
2) Radiator coolant tank chrome cap.. not a cover but, a real replacement cap.
3) Roush expansion resoviour chrome cap.. again.. real cap
4) brake fluid chrome cap.. again.. real replacement and not a cover
5) painted or chrome or carbon fiber radiator cover that does NOT have a cutout for the hood latch.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
So I am looking for a few bling items..

I spent probably 4 hours today searching the web and the individual sites i know.. got jack and ****.. ok i found a couple..

anyway.. here's what I need.. if anyone knows where to buy PLEASE let me know

1) Radiator coolant tank (aluminum)
2) Radiator coolant tank chrome cap.. not a cover but, a real replacement cap.
3) Roush expansion resoviour chrome cap.. again.. real cap
4) brake fluid chrome cap.. again.. real replacement and not a cover
5) painted or chrome or carbon fiber radiator cover that does NOT have a cutout for the hood latch.

Thank You
1). Canton or Moroso
2-4. I am only aware of covers. A real tank will have a racing style twist-lock cap included.
5) You would need one custom made; don't know why anyone would produce one without a latch cutout.

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks DiMora.. I been up and down both of their websites... thats where i found 2 of the ones i didnt mention. You would figure Roush would make a chrome cap for their own expansion tank. Nope, stick with that plastic balck one right now.. looks dumb installed.

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
I think ford racing has a nice polished aluminum expansion Tank.
We have a polished canton expansion tank and a polished butler built resiviour in the trunk of the racecar

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys.. will be looking into all of that..

no ideas on the radiator cover? id settle for a standard one and have it painted locally.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I think you have to use your OEM cap on the expansion tank cause it is pressure cap.

Unless you swap your brake reservoir you probably don't want to use a metal cap. That would be the quickest way to mess up the threads on the tank. Now if it were a metal tank and a plastic cap you can afford to mess up the threads because then you just replace the cap.

As far as the radiator cover, well there really isn't an aftermarket demand for those. I got mine from Ford when I wanted to re-cut the holes for my hood pin brackets. I guess if you really wanted to fill the hole for the latch you could glass it but I don't know how well it would take. Maybe there is a resin you could try and use but it's a pretty big hole to fill.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
What you could do is make one out of sheet metal and paint it but I dont know if you have acess to that kind of stuff. From what I remember its very easy to cut one out so you dont have to worry filling the hood latch hole. I know its not the best way but sometimes when you want something you either have to make something else work or make it, but it gives way more satisfaction when you do that, Ive done that with my PLX OBDII gauge which in no way was ever meant to be put into a pillar gauge pod and took some work but Im happy that no one else has that in a mustang to my knowlege, same with my GT500 chin, people have done that mod but its satisfying knowing that you did that work compared to someone that just bolts stuff onto their car.

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
If you need sheet metal bent i have a sheet metal brake, i can make it in matt, metalic black, red or white, i just need to know the deminsions you want and i can probably bring it to you sometime when im up there

·
Registered
329 Posts
APR might have the radiator cover- They are usually willing to do custom pieces (for a cost of course) Also try Moss Motors. More of a longshot, but when I had my bigblock fox I went to the community college that had a metal working shop and paid one of the students to fab me a reservoir and cap.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I think you have to use your OEM cap on the expansion tank cause it is pressure cap.

Unless you swap your brake reservoir you probably don't want to use a metal cap. That would be the quickest way to mess up the threads on the tank. Now if it were a metal tank and a plastic cap you can afford to mess up the threads because then you just replace the cap.

As far as the radiator cover, well there really isn't an aftermarket demand for those. I got mine from Ford when I wanted to re-cut the holes for my hood pin brackets. I guess if you really wanted to fill the hole for the latch you could glass it but I don't know how well it would take. Maybe there is a resin you could try and use but it's a pretty big hole to fill.
Just use a Roush stick-on billet cap cover (no logo). They look great. Yes, you need a pressure cap. That is why they are all OEM cap-covers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts