Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Freshly balance matched aluminum flywheel, mcleod bellhousing and clutch disc, with promotion blueprinted rpm pressure plate, astroperformance T-5 with 26 spline input, 9310 mainshaft, cluster support plate, billet shift lugs, and their A-5 gear kit. Oh yeah and a clutch fork modified with help from RLSracing.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats, whats the TQ specs on your new Astro T-5?

And i thought you were gunna go with the G-force? What made you change your mind? jw. Either way looks great congrats! :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
:drool

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with the 9310 mainshaft it is rated at 650hp.

I went with the astro after discussing with several people. The astro first gear is stronger than the G-force and there seem to be fewer failures with the astro setup. The price was similar.

just about got it buttoned up.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got busy yesterday

It was a bastard getting that bellhousing in there without removing the headers. I'm sore today after all that sliding around under the car...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice, Awesome setup you have there.

If you dont mind can you share the price of that entire setup?

Im going to need something very similar, I have my turbo manifold coming wednesday, and that complete's the picture pretty much.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, Awesome setup you have there.

If you dont mind can you share the price of that entire setup?

Im going to need something very similar, I have my turbo manifold coming wednesday, and that complete's the picture pretty much.
Clutch was $400, trans was $2400 without a core, bellhousing I purchased used for $250, flywheel was $260. I'm not going to total that up, because I'd rather not know.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice, pretty much what I figured. Let us know how she holds together. Were you running a stock trans before hand?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Those heads still look huge even from the bottom of the car, when do you plan on getting to the track?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
man..you are going to love driving that beast around even more after you get this all wrapped up. i cant wait for my car to be bad ass like that some day

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is with the fork? is it shortened, or just strengthened?
Lengthened by an inch to work in the SFI bell.

Took a little bit of time with a welder and some 1/4" steel, but it was way cheaper than the $90 extended clutch fork.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
nice.

when you coming back to visit to az??

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Glad to see you use that Astro, I put a couple of those in for friends and they love them.They take a beating and shift better then a Tremec.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts