Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been talking to Race Star industries for awhile now about running some of the new Wheels on the car.
They came down to the Houston NMRA race to show us some of the finished Products and put a few on display. They were to be released around the 2nd week on December, but we got a surprise today when these showed up.

These new Wheels fit without any issues and no grinding of the Calipers. The Best Part is the pricing these folks have on these, They are Substantially cheaper in price than Bogarts and many mother brand out there. Another great Thing about these new rims is they are SFI legal and can be driven on the street. Something we've all been waiting for. The fronts weighted in at 11lbs. and the rears weighted in at 16lbs. No Big Spacer welded on the rear either.

Here are a few pics, I should have our tires mounted and rim screws on in a couple days, The Holidays kill work time.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one's I got for my car are
15X3.75 and 15x10

As For Black, i don't know. I am thinking of having these Anodized Black for the E-Force car. New wrap for next year, so a New look might be in order too.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they are inexpensive and come in 18", I'd def get a set for Autocrossing...
I don't think they are doing an 18' wheel, I do know they are doing a 17" Wheel.
I ordered a couple sets for some GT500 cars,the 17" Wheels clear the factory GT500 brakes as well.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Joe, I really like these wheels, but I have a few questions before I place an order...

What are the prices of these wheels?

Will the front wheels clear big brake kits? Like Saleen, GT500, Brembo, etc?

Do these wheels fit directly on the car with no modification to backspacing, etc?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe, I really like these wheels, but I have a few questions before I place an order...

What are the prices of these wheels?

Will the front wheels clear big brake kits? Like Saleen, GT500, Brembo, etc?

Do these wheels fit directly on the car with no modification to backspacing, etc?

Thanks
Around $800.00 a set for 15x10 and 15x3.75 with Lug nuts.
I tried these that I got on a completely stock '06 and 2010 with no issues on fitment. No I don't have my tires mounted up yet, but I don't see any problems coming from them.

the 17' Wheels will clear the GT500 Brakes and we designed as a direct bolt on for GT500 Cars.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
If the 17" wheels clear the GT500 calipers than I'd imagine they'd clear your set-up. Price isn't bad at all. Now if they can make a set that's Black with a Polished Lip, I'd buy a set tonight.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
hope they have 300 sets of those babies because they are gonna fly out the door..

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, only certain wheels are for Drag racing, the 17' series is more for Street Driving.
Of Course your not going to use a 17X4.5 to road race but why not a 17x10 or 17x9 all the way around?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts