Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hello and pick some of your brains a little bit.... I recently came into a 1996 GT convertible for $2000... it is a little rough, but runs and looks good.... I want to make it a nice driver that can get up and go when it needs to. I am looking to pull high 12's to low 13's.... first thing I'm gonna do is swap the 2.73 for a 3.73...... but after that I'm kinda lost in the different options.... I really want to supercharge it, so how far do I have to go motorwise? Can I leave the 96,000 mile bottom end and just do a PI swap? Since I am gonna go with forced induction what upper end mods do I need to get started with? Is it unrealistic to shoot for high 12's with a stock bottom end?

Thanks for any help in advance....

Jasin in Tampa

PS... I want to still use it as a driver while I do the work on weekends.... I am married with 2 kids so $$ is an object, but I'll do it bit by bit if I have to.... for some reason I really fell in love with this car!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I'm not very tech savvy, but people do run stock bottom ends with super chargers, they just don't go beyond (I think) 7 PSI. Don't quote me. But know the bottom end isn't too big of a deal unless you're pushing jet intake psi through it, lawl.

Pics of said car? :D

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
A full pi swap will put you around 10.5:1 compression. That's pretty high for a stock bottom end and boost.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just thought I'd say hello and pick some of your brains a little bit.... I recently came into a 1996 GT convertible for $2000... it is a little rough, but runs and looks good.... I want to make it a nice driver that can get up and go when it needs to. I am looking to pull high 12's to low 13's.... first thing I'm gonna do is swap the 2.73 for a 3.73...... but after that I'm kinda lost in the different options.... I really want to supercharge it, so how far do I have to go motorwise? Can I leave the 96,000 mile bottom end and just do a PI swap? Since I am gonna go with forced induction what upper end mods do I need to get started with? Is it unrealistic to shoot for high 12's with a stock bottom end?

Jasin in Tampa

PS... I want to still use it as a driver while I do the work on weekends.... I am married with 2 kids so $$ is an object, but I'll do it bit by bit if I have to.... for some reason I really fell in love with this car!
with the PI head swap (stock PI cams) full bolt-ons with the stock bottom end. I run low 13's shooting for 12's this year

·
Registered
246 Posts

Jasin in Tampa

Stock bottom end is pretty good !! Dont do the full PI swap if your going to supercharge it ! To much compression ! Do what im in the middle of doing !I already have the supercharger so im up'in the boost to around 10# putting a PI intake on some bullit stage 2 cames from Modularheadshop - MHS and a set of headers !! It should have me into the 12's !! HOPEFULLY !!!:D:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought the pi heads might make too much compression.... what are you running now?
did you build you supercharger or buy a kit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts