Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JLT fenderwell intake and I asked Procharger if i could use it with my procharger and he said yes if I plugged one of the holes.(idk if I would like that look). Should I just sell me intake and put that towards my inlet pipe to the P1?

I have 4:10s with my auto too. I bought a stall but just got in yet. At 80mph I run 3k rpms. I heard that rpms aren't good to to high on these motors...And with boosting that whole time should I look into 3.73s or would there not be much of a rpm difference? I don't really have the funds for another gear swap though... and I know 4.10s will be more fun! i drive to STL once a week TOPS which is a 45min drive but others than that I don't have over 55 inless I am racing...

I also have a Big Red Race Valve and I am not sure but do I recirculate it? I don't think it is made to...its a open valve (that really loud ass one).

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
keep the 4.10s! there is NO DIFFERENCE in mileage. the 4.10s are not too much gear for a boosted auto. get nice tires and practice your launches. upgrade your skills before you downgrade your car.

PS- id sell the intake cause its useless anyways...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well milage is ok but rpm's...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
well milage is ok but rpm's...
i have not had problems doing highway driving with my 4.10s. rpm's are great. as soon as some dickhead in a civic pulls up on the highways im already in powerband and ready to cake on the embarasment

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
the practicallity difference between the 4.10s and 3.73s in extremely minimal. RPM are very close to one another, mileage is almost identical, but the performance difference between the two is noticable. dont change your gears

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
u supercharged?

I think the difference is 300rpms or so right?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
u supercharged?

I think the difference is 300rpms or so right?
no. not yet at least. im in the midst of a forged 5.4 4V swap. after that im slapping on a procharger F1A

rpm difference is 300 TOPS, id say less. performance difference is big

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I mean I love them! I think with 10psi they will be awesome and esp. with the HP292s next year

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
exactly! case closed.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the Race Valve question anyone?

So should I just sell the JLT?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
4.10s and supercharged is sick :D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jive, Baker, AJM, anyone?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
With a procharger being a blow through setup, you can recirculate but you dont have to. With the open race valve, if you mean the one with the openings all around the sides, it's gonna be hard to fab something up to recirculate that. I have the big red valve but the closed one with just the one outlet. That would be easy to recirculate, but I don't want to. It would raise IATs, plus I like the noise of it vented. If i were you I'd just leave it venting to the atmosphere.

Your gears will be fine. Especially with a centri that doesn't make boost until higher rpms. I probably wouldn't put 4.10s on a KB car, but a centri car will be alright.

If you're not on the throttle, you're not going to make boost no matter how many RPMs youre running. The BPV works on a vacuum from your intake, and unless you're basically at WOT the valve should be open and venting of the boosted air. I can cruise at 4k rpm but as long as I'm not mashing the gas I don't make boost. Those high rpms will still be spinning your head unit faster, but big deal... With you making 10# at full boost you shouldn't be spinning it very fast under 4k rpm

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Quik,

I want to make a public apology for doubting the bad assness of a procharger. I just heard a procharger with a BRR valve and it sounded SICK!!!!!!! Done deal that's what I'm doing!
I love hearing that people are picking Procharger! Good choice, they're freaking sweet.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With a procharger being a blow through setup, you can recirculate but you dont have to. With the open race valve, if you mean the one with the openings all around the sides, it's gonna be hard to fab something up to recirculate that. I have the big red valve but the closed one with just the one outlet. That would be easy to recirculate, but I don't want to. It would raise IATs, plus I like the noise of it vented. If i were you I'd just leave it venting to the atmosphere.

Your gears will be fine. Especially with a centri that doesn't make boost until higher rpms. I probably wouldn't put 4.10s on a KB car, but a centri car will be alright.

If you're not on the throttle, you're not going to make boost no matter how many RPMs youre running. The BPV works on a vacuum from your intake, and unless you're basically at WOT the valve should be open and venting of the boosted air. I can cruise at 4k rpm but as long as I'm not mashing the gas I don't make boost. Those high rpms will still be spinning your head unit faster, but big deal... With you making 10# at full boost you shouldn't be spinning it very fast under 4k rpm

DAMN thanks man!!

That her ^

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
ALSO next year I am doing blower cams either CMS 2.5 blower cams but Mostly HP 292 blower cams and Mac longtubes with a k member and I will want more 10psi back. For a P1sc will a 3.4 pulley do that or will I have to go smaller.

I sometimes think my 3.6pulley will spike at 11psi at 6k...WITH my setup right now. stock heads/cams and no headers

1 - 20 of 42 Posts