Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy some shocks and posibbly contol arms and better frame ties, any suggestions for all

i was looking at some A1 shocks, i know the button to the left of the w doesnt work so add that to the begining of the A1, but i can only found drag rear shocks for my mach 1, i need something for the front as well does the same company make some for the front, or should i go with another company for shocks all together, im looking for a mostly drag setup, i still drive/race on the streets of mexico of course, so it still needs to handle, it just cant drive like a tank or a pickup or something, i have FRPP springs but i was thinking of getting better springs anyway i just had those lying around, and suggestions on all of this, thanks, and im getting drag radials so ddont need any tips for tires thanks

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
QA1 or GMS tubular k-member and coilovers up front and a nice matching drag setup out back. Might as well do the LT's with the K-member.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hey bro, I went with tokico illumina drag struts and QA1 drag shocks, all adjustable, and i love it. It drives just like stock with all the regular settings, but when u adjust it all for drag ur good to go. And I've got the full-length subframe connectors from maximum motorsports, still waitin to weld it up but it def. seems like a quality product, plus i've heard alot of good things about em. Good luck on findin the right setup.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Hey bro, I went with tokico illumina drag struts and QA1 drag shocks, all adjustable, and i love it. It drives just like stock with all the regular settings, but when u adjust it all for drag ur good to go. And I've got the full-length subframe connectors from maximum motorsports, still waitin to weld it up but it def. seems like a quality product, plus i've heard alot of good things about em. Good luck on findin the right setup.

Do you have a K-member wolf?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea thats the exact setup i was looking at, but i wanted to keep the same brand all around but i might just go with that setup

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I went with Maximum Motorsports K member, HPM Megabyte Jr. Upper & Lower Control Arms, H&R Springs, Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar, Axle Brace, Bilsteins, Love my setup it handles very well.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Wow, we all did something different.

I went with:

Strange Engineering 5-way adjustable Drag Struts
Strange Engineering 5-way adjustable Drag Shocks
Steeda Drag Springs
Roush Performance Lower Control Arms
Steeda Upper Control Arms
Air Lift Bag (Future I guess :))

If i had to modify it at all I'd probably keep everything the same, the ride is just as nice as stock. However, for the front end I'd probably look at UPR Tubular K-Member and front coil overs.
I had a stock swaybar off eBay purchased for me, but it came cracked. The stock one that came on my car was broke a long time ago; before I owned the car. These sway bars just apparently break like hell on the 96. The mounting spot was still on my LCA.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the QAI rear drag shocks look good and the tockio illuminia struts look good,

looking at maybe hotchkis control arms, and maybe upgrading the springs to more of a drag spring, im ordering some 275 mickey tompson drag radials prob tomorrow, and probally bilstein quad shocks just for the hell of it

·
Registered
600 Posts
90/10's up front 50/50's in the rear is a nice track ratio that i've found so far, pick your favorite brand theres a bunch of good ones the guys have already said many of them. Get some double adjustable uppers so you can set your pinion angle. -3 degrees i believe is a good angle for drag racing. Lower control arms, up to you. I would get control arms with some good bushings though. If you want a really good subframe connector set kenny brown makes one called the matrix system i believe. Looks like it would really lock everything together.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Lakewood are really cheap and sell 90/10 and 50/50 struts & shocks. For a bit more you can get the Strange adjustables all around, and then after that it just really starts jumping in price. I'm not sure I really needed Blistein struts and shocks for drag racing.

Also, I've been told and have read don't bother with the quad shocks if you have lower control arms, they're dead weight at that point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts