Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and i both have a gt...his an 05 mine an 06. As far as mods, i have american long tube headers, x pipe, mac exhaust, steeda underdrive pulleys, c&l cold air intake and maf....and he has a k&n cold air, saleen underdrive pulleys, and muffler deletes. My car has a custom sct tune for what i have and his a "canned tune" as they call it, no specifics on it.

Anyway...his car constantly seems to be quicker than mine is...and neither of us can figure this out. Whats the issue? Even stranger...before he has his saleen pulleys the car was dead even with mine.

·
Registered
701 Posts
well there you go.The under drive pullies can ad up t 10 hp or a little more.With these his car will also rev quicker.Its enuff to make a diff.How bad is he beating you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
For 1 you have a body kit which adds weight to your car. What transmissions do you and your buddy have?

Second, not all stock engines are created equal. Their are some factory 'freaks'.

Third, could be the driver mod...

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Chrome, chrome, chrome == weight, weight, weight.

Also, what wheels are you guys running? If he's running lighter wheels, that would make the difference right there.

Oh, and Steeda sucks. :p

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i bet it could be a weight issue. Your car just looks bulky and heavy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What gears does each car have? 05 manuals came with 3.55 but I think that was an option in 06 other wise the car came with 3.31. Is this right?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
What gears does each car have? 05 manuals came with 3.55 but I think that was an option in 06 other wise the car came with 3.31. Is this right?
+1 Is there are transmission or gear difference? That's where I would start.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It's hard to say. You can take 2 exact year cars built the same way and one will always be quicker. Like someone else stated '' there are some factory freaks'' (I like that description) and it's true. And like others have said, weight is a huge factor. He may have a more aggressive tune...more timing than yours. Some tunes are very conservative. It sounds like you both have a ''canned tune'' which just means a one size fits all tune and may also be specific to your combo.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Definately correct and it will play a big role from a dig or low mph roll race.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His car is probably heaver than mine...I dont have a full body kit, just the roush front fascia, but he has the full saleen body kit...and he weighs alot more than i do haha. Gears are stock in both cars.

And how would his pulleys make that much of a difference...i have pulleys and see nothing.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Just how bad is this guy flogging your ass?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Perhaps he is hiding some giggle gas on you.

Take them to the dyno.

Or go to the drag strip and do a few runs...but switch cars at the strip ie you each do a run in each car.

·
Registered
985 Posts
05 and 06 all had same gears. The difference started on 07 with 3.31 standard and 3.55 optional.

·
Registered
978 Posts
it could be a combo of a bunch of things. same scenario....me and my friend, both stock 04 GT's would run all the time and i always beat him. he always got pissed saying i had done something to the car. scenario- i had a full audio system in my car and still checked him with the extra weight. it could just be the driver. we never switched cars, should have tried that one.

·
Registered
745 Posts
hmm

05 and 06 all had same gears. The difference started on 07 with 3.31 standard and 3.55 optional.
I am not positive but I believe 3.55 was only standard in 05.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts