Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought sone new headlights and I forgot to aim them so I almost died on the way home tonight SO can somebody please tell me how to aim headlights! I kno there's some kind of screws that u turn but I'm at a loss... A step by step would b GREATLY appreciated since I have to work tomorow night... :eek:

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
pop your hood and turn the screws under the hood. pull up to a wall to adjust them and make sure both are even.

·
Registered
846 Posts
well what kind of headlights did u get like dual projectors or oem replacement

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oem replacement. To b exact the dark smoked headlights from AM.
I just looked at them and they don't have the silver gear lookin thing that u turn.. These have a funky lookin thing on them.. :-/ anyone with the same type of headlights?

·
Registered
846 Posts
basically find that scree drive up reall close to a wall without hitting it put some colored tape in the center of where the lights show on the wall and pull back away from lights about 25 feet then aim your lights 2 inches below where you put the tape and your set

·
Registered
846 Posts
they actually wont have a screw they will have a slot for an allen wrench going toward the grill area of the car on the light of course

·
Registered
846 Posts
you should still be able to see maybe just find a white wall with a shaded area or something

·
Registered
846 Posts
yea no prob and thx

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
At 3:20 in this video, it'll run you through how to aim headlights and exactly where the adjustment screw is. On my headlights it's a pain in the ass to do it with a screwdriver so I just use a socket wrench.

Mustang Smoked Headlight - Video Installation Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com

Here's an aiming height diagram. I usually like to have the car about 20 ft out from the wall and have the cutoff line for low beams about 2-3 inches above my headlights

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have the same headlights and there awesome but I didnt have to aim mine. They where pretty much set right after install.

guess i was just lucky.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes you were!

i aimed them tonight, i used a screw driver to move them up so it worked out. thannks guys for the help!

·
Registered
846 Posts
lol^

no prob by the way

1 - 17 of 17 Posts