Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i filled my car up yester an reset my trip mileage on the odometer, well i burnt out a half a tank in 78 miles, i know this isnt normal, the only thing i can think of is that when i put on my 02 sensor extensions that one didnt get plugged in all the way or something

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Most likely if that was the cause you would be seeing a CEL. Doesn't hurt to go under and check though.

When have you tuned up the car recently? Were you Romping on the petal alot (WOT)? It would be a dream to get 80 miles in my car with half a tank, but a mildly modded stang should be getting better.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cel is on, i thought it would stay on tho cuz i dont have mil eliminators

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
an no that was normal driving

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Get MIL eliminators then! Cause you could have a code that could be the cause of your problems, and you wouldn't know. Do you have a tuner or code reader?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i dont have either or,

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
MIL's are cheap i would get on that. And you can get your codes read at a shucks for free.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
go get the codes checked out somewhere. if its not solved right then and there check for leaks. the filler neck grommet on the tank is know to dry out and crack from ethanol in todays gasolines. check the right side of your gas tank for any leaks right around that filler neck grommet.

Reactions: 2002 BLK GT

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
go get the codes checked out somewhere. if its not solved right then and there check for leaks. the filler neck grommet on the tank is know to dry out and crack from ethanol in todays gasolines. check the right side of your gas tank for any leaks right around that filler neck grommet.
+1 MIL's will only tell the comp that the cats are there and working. The forward sensors are what will cause you to get crappy fuel mileage. If they aren't working you will be running rich. Get the codes red and go from there, and I second checking the filler neck gasket. Mine was pouring fuel everywhere.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
at 14psi i dont doubt it!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
MILS are crap i bought them an the damn light still came on
and AM said that those MILs are 50/50 they either work or they
dont work your beter off buyin a tuner and turning them of completey

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
under normal driving his car should still be seeeing like stock gas consumption ....i'm almost running 13psi and i am getting stock like driving mpg...it's simple to go to autozone and have the code read for free..

·
Registered
71 Posts
You need to get your CEL checked. That is the problem with leaving it on, if there any new issues you won't know about it since you think it is just related to the rear 02's. Get MIL's or a tuner to turn them off. I would start there, then let us know if that wasn't the cause.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok so heres a question while we are on the subject of code issues, i have the diablosport programmer and i too have the engine light on cuz of the O2 sensors. Do the programmers permanently delete the codes or just temporarily? Also i just ordered the MIL Eliminators yesterday, is it true they are 50/50 as mentioned above?

·
Registered
24 Posts
No havent really messed with the motor or anything around it, i bought the car recently and it had the light on already, but it has bbk headers,full exhaust with xpipe, no cats, bbk intake,75mm TB and the plenum.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Ok so heres a question while we are on the subject of code issues, i have the diablosport programmer and i too have the engine light on cuz of the O2 sensors. Do the programmers permanently delete the codes or just temporarily? Also i just ordered the MIL Eliminators yesterday, is it true they are 50/50 as mentioned above?
Make your own for like 10 bucks or less with parts from Radio Shack, but the tuner should turn the rear 02's off until you turn them back on. You have to go into the user options menu.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts