Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 35th Anniversary Special Edition GT Convertible about a week and a half ago(57K mi). I keep finding things out about it that please me more and more. This thing drives tight! It may be getting to 11 model years old, but it looks and drives like its only a few years old.

Whatever 5spd Mustang GT convertible I ended up with, I was going to start doing various mods. I keep finding more things out about this car the more I look at it.

Here are some of the things that have been done already:

- Subframe Connectors
- Front Shock Tower Brace
- 3.73:1 Final Drive Gears
- Bassani Stainless Steel Cat-back exhaust(Those pipes are HUGE!)

What a pleasure to drive this car. We took a ride for the afternoon yesterday, along the coast. The family had a great time, got lots of thumbs up for the car as we were driving yesterday.

I'll get some pics up soon to show it off a bit. Man, some of you guys have some serious machines around here. She's not THAT fast, yet. But she sure is fun!

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
verts come with standard sub frames, full length are aftermarket though. Low mileage is nice! Good find, post pics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, Pics will come.....

How can I tell the difference between the SFC's being full length and stock, without having any reference of seeing them before?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
well the full length are longer, and go the length of the full frame. Best way to tell is if they are clean. If they are painted or not damaged at all then they are probably aftermarket. My stock vert sfc's were bent in a few places, and rusted from some scrapes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah ok. These SFC's under the car are NOT painted, and are clean.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
For size reference. It's notably bigger.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is a quickie pic of the car I snapped the other day. I'll take some better ones soon. The girl is mine, so don't get any ideas! :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm... I may just do that.

I have some printouts from the previous owner about production stats... I'll have to look those over a bit more too.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Welcome man.. Nice car, good low mileage platform to start from is always nice..

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Awesome find with the SFC's already there. They are a big help in performance and safety. Looks cherry. Just slap a Twin Turbo on there and a Maximum Grip Box and your set ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts