Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get back into detailing now that I've decided to sell my cams and free up a load of money.

First off, I need a new polisher as the one I had was a Northern Tool brand polisher and the motor is about gone. My pads are old and torn as well, so need pads required as well.

What should I buy? I was thinking the GG system from Autogeek.

Heres what I have so far...

Buying a membership to DC first, Other than the above, the pads and GG kit, possibly foam cannon if I can find a cheap pressure washer.
Possibly Four star ultimate paint protection. I have a lot left to sort out >.<

I have 2 5 gallon buckets, tons of MF towels of various sizes. 20+ wax applicator pads, various brushes, tire shine applicators, wash mitts, and the like. I mainly need

Everything for paint correction, minus the clay bar.
Sealant
Wax
Trim and tire dressings that aren't SHINY.
Anything else you may suggest. Trying to keep it under $200 though.

I have a WHITE car, if you know of any wax better than the XXX for white, or a better sealant.

Just throw out your opinions, that way I have options. Last time I made a big order was over 2 years ago and everything has changed. Keep in mind I don't need a huge collection like you guys, just a starter kit.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Don't forget about your free sample!!!!!

You may be able to break your order up into $50 orders to get more free samples, I'm not sure what the 15% off is, if its a coupon code or what. But there is a free shipping code that may come in handy to maximize samples :)

Get blackfire wet diamond paint sealant, and any of the tire gels on there. Applied correctly they won't be shiny. You may want to try applying what you have now differently to bring the shine down.

EDIT: Also people are going to tell you not to get that kit, mainly because the pads and other stuff you don't need, like the mf and dvd. I'm not sure who has the best deal on polishers right now, but I know someone does.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You may be able to break your order up into $50 orders to get more free samples, I'm not sure what the 15% off is, if its a coupon code or what. But there is a free shipping code that may come in handy to maximize samples :)

Get blackfire wet diamond paint sealant, and any of the tire gels on there. Applied correctly they won't be shiny. You may want to try applying what you have now differently to bring the shine down.

EDIT: Also people are going to tell you not to get that kit, mainly because the pads and other stuff you don't need, like the mf and dvd. I'm not sure who has the best deal on polishers right now, but I know someone does.
Awesome. Thanks. I'll see about splitting them up. That coupon code was for the December sale. But I won't be ordering in December so that doesn't matter. I have to wait until Monday when I meet to sell my cams before I can order anything. I thought BFWD was mainly for darker cars, isn't there something better, wetter looking, for white cars?

As far as the tire shine I have now, it's black magic tire wet, and it's either super shiny or you apply it think and it dries up splotchy. I was thinking about Meguiar's hyper dressing, but I have to buy it in Gallon sizes...So I would have to go to Autodetailingsolutions to order the smaller sizes.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Looks good. I'd grab a foam cannon or gun for maintenance washes and what not. I'd also grab a DC membership to buy mf's, pads, bottles, etc :lol.

Btw...clay and lube!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. I'd grab a foam cannon or gun for maintenance washes and what not. I'd also grab a DC membership to buy mf's, pads, bottles, etc :lol.

Btw...clay and lube!
DC membership? Please explain this to me.

I have a foam gun already. So that's set. and already have 3 or 4 new clay bars.

What lube should I get?

Updated my cart.

What's next?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Awesome. Thanks. I'll see about splitting them up. That coupon code was for the December sale. But I won't be ordering in December so that doesn't matter. I have to wait until Monday when I meet to sell my cams before I can order anything. I thought BFWD was mainly for darker cars, isn't there something better, wetter looking, for white cars?

As far as the tire shine I have now, it's black magic tire wet, and it's either super shiny or you apply it think and it dries up splotchy. I was thinking about Meguiar's hyper dressing, but I have to buy it in Gallon sizes...So I would have to go to Autodetailingsolutions to order the smaller sizes.
Oh okay, well then yeah see about splitting it up.

bfwdps is (imo until mach compares it to fsupp) the best paint sealant, it does wonders on all paint colors and has incredible durability. If your not concerned about durability that much, XXX is a fine choice, or Pete's 53 or dodo light fantastic/diamond white.

I've used that before with decent results, I spray the foam onto a foam app then wipe it on the tire evenly, one little spray of foam for the whole tire and it doesn't shine that much. I use Autoglym dressing and it works good.

I think this is the polisher combo we point people towards:
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Griots-Garage-6-inch-Random-Orbital-Polisher-Base-Kit_p_683.html
You can get 10% off that price with a code, and has enough pads to get you started with nothing you don't need.

EDIT: I see you updated your cart, don't bother getting the big bottle of bfwd, a sample will last you forever. A lot of people on here have never paid for bfwdps :lol They just keep getting it as their free sample.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
How come no one ever asks for MY help lol. So unloved.

I'm going to get back into detailing now that I've decided to sell my cams and free up a load of money.

First off, I need a new polisher as the one I had was a Northern Tool brand polisher and the motor is about gone. My pads are old and torn as well, so need pads required as well.

What should I buy? I was thinking the GG system from Autogeek.

Heres what I have so far...

I have 2 5 gallon buckets, tons of MF towels of various sizes. 20+ wax applicator pads, various brushes, tire shine applicators, wash mitts, and the like. I mainly need

Everything for paint correction, minus the clay bar.
Sealant
Wax
Trim and tire dressings that aren't SHINY.
Anything else you may suggest. Trying to keep it under $200 though.

I have a WHITE car, if you know of any wax better than the XXX for white, or a better sealant.

Just throw out your opinions, that way I have options. Last time I made a big order was over 2 years ago and everything has changed. Keep in mind I don't need a huge collection like you guys, just a starter kit.
Everything looks good, except for that safescrub bug scrubber thing, dont buy that lol.

If you want to layer your wax over a sealant BFWD is good, Four star ultimate paint protection is supposed to rival BFWD and its cheaper and its supposed to last longer, i have some, im going to compare the 2.

What you have there is great, if you are really serious and you have the money, i HIGHLY suggest a foamlance and pressure washer, you dont need a super crazy pressure washer, just a decent one, plus a foam lance. This means avoiding swirls REALLY well as your car will be mostly clean before you ever touch it.

That kit isnt too bad, but if you get the kit at DetailersDomain.com i think its comes with the 32oz bottle of Megs polishes instead of the 16s.

Get Chemical Guys "New look tire/trim gel" Stuff looks GREAT and lasts A FREAKIN LONG TIME.

Also look into lighting, if you dont have a worklight, get one, hard to see defects on white, youll need to use a few different kinds, small led flashlights work well once you train your eyes on what to look for, and to be honest, a spotlight is gonna help you better on white than a worklight.

Oh and go ahead and get a Membership at detailersclub.com, save you a ton of money.

Reactions: MustangLouver

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, thanks for the help, and reps to everyone. I updated my cart again. I have to go to bed now, I have to be at work in 5 hours >.< But I'll check this when I get off and try to get everything sorted out so I can place an order on Monday. Can't wait!

·
Registered
479 Posts

Keep in mind I don't need a huge collection like you guys, just a starter kit.
idk where you got that blackfire spray from, if you're getting a DC membership just wait on getting a QD and get one from there on the cheap. Actually once you get DC you probably wont order any of that from AG :lol

And you need two grit guards not one :D

LOL you say that now.........

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Dude I completely agree, people used to just come in here and ask for help. Now they come in here and call people out to help them!

It don't make no sense!
:swordfight:
I know man it doesnt...lol

especially since neither of the people in the title have responded yet lol! haha

Well, thanks for the help, and reps to everyone. I updated my cart again. I have to go to bed now, I have to be at work in 5 hours >.< But I'll check this when I get off and try to get everything sorted out so I can place an order on Monday. Can't wait!
Easy fella, take your time make sure you dont get caught up in the amazing description to all the products. Order everything you need and nothing you dont, use the knowledge youll find here to help eliminate products that waste your time.

idk where you got that blackfire spray from, if you're getting a DC membership just wait on getting a QD and get one from there on the cheap. Actually once you get DC you probably wont order any of that from AG :lol

And you need two grit guards not one :D

LOL you say that now.........
Yea lose the BFWD polymer spray. Get a DC membership, IN FACT....

Get your polisher kit from AG or wherever has the best deal, then forget all about AG. Get a membership at DC and order everything you need their, trust me, your first order with shipping will be more than your Membership fee cheaper than AG. lol most likely.

You are gonna save a ton of money using DC man, and its a subsidiary of Autoality.com, your membership gets you 10% off their too.

Maybe me and bluesmoke** will just make a cart for you lol.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I know man it doesnt...lol

especially since neither of the people in the title have responded yet lol! haha
Exactllyyyyyyyyy

Yea lose the BFWD polymer spray. Get a DC membership, IN FACT....

Forget all about autogeek for now. Get a membership at DC, get everything you need there and order your polisher from autogeek or wherever has the best kit/deal.

You are gonna save a ton of money using DC man, and its a subsidiary of Autoality.com, your membership gets you 10% off their too.

Maybe me and shadow will just make a cart for you lol.
Maybe he just wants to use autogeek for there cart feature? :lol

I think this is the best deal for gg's right now:
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Griots-Garage-6-inch-Random-Orbital-Polisher-Plus-Kit-_p_690.html

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
AGREED. i got my polisher from DD. Hate AG, only order from there when its a deal i cant pass up.

BTW Bluesmoke, i meant to say me and YOU would make the cart, i accidentally said shadow, idk why. I fixed it tho. lol
Like Dodo Bogo? :lol

hahah I see your fix't :lol

I still think it's funny he thinks he doesn't need a huge collection like 'us guys', just a starter kit.

One does not simply just stop buying detailing stuff.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Like Dodo Bogo? :lol

hahah I see your fix't :lol

I still think it's funny he thinks he doesn't need a huge collection like 'us guys', just a starter kit.

One does not simply just stop buying detailing stuff.
Pretty much, they just happened to be the Dodos i wanted to try...

lol your right...One does NOT EVER stop buying detailing stuff....lol

We should get commission off of this, another one bites the dust haha.

Chumps who spend to much on detailing.....Always Clean Crew sounded cooler hahaha

1 - 20 of 85 Posts