Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfgang Fuzion..

To begin, Wolfgang Fuzion is a highly coveted wax so naturally I was excited to work with it and had high expectations

The presentation of this product was excellent, by far the best, the box it comes in is great and of great quality, everything is even, great finish, wax sits inside atop the standard yellow applicator from autogeek, your certificate of authenticity hand signed by Max and serial #'d. These are all great things to have with a high end wax, the wax is snug within a nice cut of foam, the container is great, nice feel more of a lower profile providing a great size to easily extract the wax with a standard round foam applicator. The container also has an o-ring around it created imo the ultimate seal for your wax.

The wax smells of just.. pure nuba, which is great and exactly what I'd hope for with this wax, I love the color as well, unique from any other wax I've dealt with as well.

application... smoother than butter, incredibly easy on, easy off, I applied in direct sunlight and did multiple panels before going back to buff off, dusted very minutely, sometimes it did not dust at all, remember I'm working on hot panels in direct sunlight probably 70-80 degrees granted its in december

cons? the price is high, and when applying it goes on almost transparently so in bad lighting it could be tough to get complete coverage / buff 100% off

stay tuned for pics

Overall it's a great wax, awesome presentation and packaging, I'd recommend this wax as it will go head to head with Home Brew, 50/50, purple haze/blue velvet, to see who is going to be my new go to.

actions speak louder than words, so do pictures.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/285507-son1c-has-date-wolfgang-fuzion.html
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/pictures/285504-2003-sonic-son1c-blue-mustang-gt-december-2012-wolfgang-fuzion.html

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Im excited to try Fuzion, and it will being going on the mach on its next correction. I think its gonna be great, but i really want to know what makes it worth 175 dollars... I know you get a free refill but is it REALLY that amazing lol.

Im trying to remain skeptical and not get my hopes up, so when i apply it ill be unbiased to the results, i guess what should really separate Fuzion from others is the durability and protection it provides, which to be honest is hard to measure lol.

I think im going to use my corollas trunk or hood as a test panel and do a 4 way test:

Zymol Glasur|WolfgangFuzion|Pete's 53|XXX
$101 $175 $40 $20
That will be a GREAT comparison of 4 different waxes ranging HUGELY in price range.

Car looks great sonic, you keepin that pot for a while?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,737 Posts
Nice review... however its hard to tell the TRUE reflection of your paint with all these HDRish filters you have goin Lol.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Nice review... however its hard to tell the TRUE reflection of your paint with all these HDRish filters you have goin Lol.
FAKER! Zat is callin you out! lol

jp

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im excited to try Fuzion, and it will being going on the mach on its next correction. I think its gonna be great, but i really want to know what makes it worth 175 dollars... I know you get a free refill but is it REALLY that amazing lol.

Im trying to remain skeptical and not get my hopes up, so when i apply it ill be unbiased to the results, i guess what should really separate Fuzion from others is the durability and protection it provides, which to be honest is hard to measure lol.

I think im going to use my corollas trunk or hood as a test panel and do a 4 way test:

Zymol Glasur|WolfgangFuzion|Pete's 53|XXX
$101 $175 $40 $20
That will be a GREAT comparison of 4 different waxes ranging HUGELY in price range.

Car looks great sonic, you keepin that pot for a while?
I foresee.. a writeup.. with a lot of pictures and coverage.. lol
yeah I won't be letting go of this unless I fall on hard times :lol I'm done letting go of paste waxes
the hdr I posted

and the non hdr

I don't use hdr filters, some of my pictures are HDR, but the hdr I use are just the best blends of 3 pictures, it usually is just to let me capture a little more depth, and especially the sky

thats what hdr does for me
here is a non hdr

notice sky etc
hdr filter

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,737 Posts
True, it adds depth to the pictures... however it does affect the reflection of the car to a degree. I'm not trying to say your bad or anything. Its just that the pics look edited and it does not give a good representation of how the reflection looks to the naked eye, which is what detailers are most interested in looking at.

I'm just busting your balls man, pay not attention to me.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, it adds depth to the pictures... however it does affect the reflection of the car to a degree. I'm not trying to say your bad or anything. Its just that the pics look edited and it does not give a good representation of how the reflection looks to the naked eye, which is what detailers are most interested in looking at.

I'm just busting your balls man, pay not attention to me.
they're real life! :lol

I'm expecting a couple reflection shots next week from you :yes

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
Its a good $99 wax IMHO...But no way I would pay $175...For that I would have a zymol flavor...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Fuzion use to be my all time fav wax. I had the 2 mini jars I got on bogo like 5years ago and it was all i used it was great. I finally bought the full tub on a black friday deal for 99 thats all i would ever pay for it. Well as time went on and i got more things it sat more. it is a really good wax but I think its more on the lines of $75 and cut out the free refill. I also have the BlackFire midnight sun and I think the 2 are very very close to one another. Fuzion spreads a little easier but the look is really the same. I found Fuzion durability was mehhh..6weeks and it was already failing on a car outside 24/7.
I didnt find its sheeting properties to be all that great. For the price I will say again Glasur blows it out of the water. if you want Fuzion and really want the full size get Midnight Sun its cheaper and your really not going to notice much difference.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
I really would like to check out midnight sun...Vader when you gonna sell it to me?

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fuzion use to be my all time fav wax. I had the 2 mini jars I got on bogo like 5years ago and it was all i used it was great. I finally bought the full tub on a black friday deal for 99 thats all i would ever pay for it. Well as time went on and i got more things it sat more. it is a really good wax but I think its more on the lines of $75 and cut out the free refill. I also have the BlackFire midnight sun and I think the 2 are very very close to one another. Fuzion spreads a little easier but the look is really the same. I found Fuzion durability was mehhh..6weeks and it was already failing on a car outside 24/7.
I didnt find its sheeting properties to be all that great. For the price I will say again Glasur blows it out of the water. if you want Fuzion and really want the full size get Midnight Sun its cheaper and your really not going to notice much difference.
I've heard the exact opposite, I've heard a lot of poor things about midnight sun, especially when compared to fuzion, 6 weeks is more than enough for me, I just want a strong month

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
well I dont know if you can count slickness if a wax is bad or good. Hard Body last a decent amount of time i would say about 6-8months from way i see it degrading but it beads and sheets like a mofo and it has awful slickness. It would be around what they said just slightly slicker then non waxed surface

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Im probably going to try to sell my refill of Fuzion to get Glasur, thats the wax im the most interested in trying. I just bought Fuzion because it was so damn cheap. Im gonna get the Fuzion out of my pot and into my empty Pete's Container, then send the original pot away for the refill, then sell the pete's pot of Fuzion for a decent price. That way ill end up with a pot of Fuzion for basically free and ill get the money back to buy Glasur, FTW. lol

well I dont know if you can count slickness if a wax is bad or good. Hard Body last a decent amount of time i would say about 6-8months from way i see it degrading but it beads and sheets like a mofo and it has awful slickness. It would be around what they said just slightly slicker then non waxed surface
I think the slickness of a wax attributes to how easy/hard it is to scratch your paint. The slicker something is, the less friction there is, the less chance you have of marring or swirling. Just a theory i have lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts