Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I often get asked how much I use per application, I applied this a little heavy since it was low light and easier to see the heavier haze, this is after doing the entire vehicle (didn't treat the windows)

slight indent, but honestly I'd say 5-7 ml max

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nice man! Got two 30 ml pots coming my way. Can't wait to try it out on my Race Red. Pete's looked incredible over BFWD!

-Blink

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Im gonna add some Dodo to my arsenal soon, i really want a full pot.

Probably purple haze pro.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I really wanted to try Purple Haze and Blue Velvet, but never saw a deal good enough. The BOGO on PH Pro and BV Pro is an incredible deal. $15.99 shipped for two 30ml pro series? Can't be beat, you couldn't even get them used for that price.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks good! Can't wait for spring so I can finally use mine. Orange crush over Banana Armour:bubba:
That is going to be teh tits on your car man!

I used Banana Armour on my car and while it looked good, the depth/wetness just wasn't there. Pete's 53 looked much better on my car.

I ordered Purple Haze Pro and Blue Velvet Pro on AG bogo. That combo is going to be nuts on my car I have a feelin' :yes

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
When I had my black sixxer jetseal under pete's was sick. I would think PH and BV on you car should be tits. I can see why BA wouldn't do well w/ yours. I think DODO is more of a color specific type of company. But SN should look good on any color @ that price point.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is going to be teh tits on your car man!

I used Banana Armour on my car and while it looked good, the depth/wetness just wasn't there. Pete's 53 looked much better on my car.

I ordered Purple Haze Pro and Blue Velvet Pro on AG bogo. That combo is going to be nuts on my car I have a feelin' :yes
x2

·
Registered
479 Posts
When I had my black sixxer jetseal under pete's was sick. I would think PH and BV on you car should be tits. I can see why BA wouldn't do well w/ yours. I think DODO is more of a color specific type of company. But SN should look good on any color @ that price point.
I sure hope it is :)

Yeah I agree there definitely seems to be a difference when using them on colors not intended for, much better results on the proper color.

I can't wait to try Supernatural! Some reflection/beading shots I've seen are pretty incredible.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I really wanted to try Purple Haze and Blue Velvet, but never saw a deal good enough. The BOGO on PH Pro and BV Pro is an incredible deal. $15.99 shipped for two 30ml pro series? Can't be beat, you couldn't even get them used for that price.
Damn you Bluesmoke....you and sonic will be the death of me.

Just ordered the BVpro and PHpro 30mls...too good of a deal to pass up, those were the dodos i was interested in.

Jetseal under pete's is a WINNING combo. Looks super wet on dark colors. Jetseal may not last as long as BFWD, but it looks amazing.

I'm looking forward to you trying sn :lol
Id like to see that review.

I have alot of pending reviews lol. ALOT.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
That makes 4 of us who ordered purple haze and blue velvet bogo lol. I can't wait to see the outcome on all of our cars. One question though...after I finish my correction with my megs da microfiber kit should I lay down ez creme/ backlight followed by bfwd then topped with blue velvet then purple haze? I'm hoping that's the correct order. I'm still waiting on handz to get back to me on the differences between ez creme and backlight so I can make my decision on what glaze I want to use.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That makes 4 of us who ordered purple haze and blue velvet bogo lol. I can't wait to see the outcome on all of our cars. One question though...after I finish my correction with my megs da microfiber kit should I lay down ez creme/ backlight followed by bfwd then topped with blue velvet then purple haze? I'm hoping that's the correct order. I'm still waiting on handz to get back to me on the differences between ez creme and backlight so I can make my decision on what glaze I want to use.
:lol yeah that's when you know its a great deal.

That would be the correct order, but to me seams like a bit over kill.

I seriously doubt you will be able tell a difference using a glaze on your paint. We tried blacklight by hand on SON1C's paint after 205 and couldn't tell a difference at all. By machine on a finishing pad might be a different story.

When do you plan on doing this? Does your car sit out or mostly garage kept? Daily Driven? These would decide weather or not a sealant would be necessary for you. BV/PH Pro should have pretty stout durability on there own.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I will be finishing up my correction by March. My car is also garage kept and is only occasionally driven. I would also be applying glaze and also bfwd via machine.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd do a test spot with black light and see if its worth it, and although I'm a huge fan of bfwdps I'd recommend just one or both of the dodos you picked up to see their performance more so, if that makes sense

1 - 20 of 23 Posts