Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only mods that I know my Stang to have are SLP hi-flow catted x-pipe and Flowmaster catback.

would a 75 mm TB be hurting or doing any good for my car. Besides those mods i mentioned above. The rest is bone stock.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
You will have minimal gains. A plenum/tb combo might be about 6-10rwhp without other mods to help the increase of air flow (headers, heads, cams).

Not positive on those number but pretty close.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
And most will say what are goals with car? Staying N/A? 70mm might be better gains than a 75. Although a 75mm will still be more than stock. It won't hurt you by any means.

If getting n2o or FI get a 75mm for sure. If getting all bolt ons with heads and cams.. i would probably get a 75mm, but it could be argued both ways i think.

Major thing is whats your end game for the car? I ended up selling my 70mm for a 75mm because i didn't plan ahead.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Im going to keep this car completely n/a. I dunno what I can do to see more power from strictly the motor but i know there's a thread with a write up on how to get 300rwhp from a built n/a. That's a goal I plan on having.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha for a price maybe :p

But really, why I ask is because I don't want this to hurt my car or its performance. If it doesn't I'll just slap on the plenum and use the stock TB. Sell off the TB to someone and get a 70mm.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It wont hurt it, it will give it more room to grow in the future. The plenum will help you out more than a throttle body though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, here's another question. I got the TB and plenum, think I can throw on a CAI and will I need a tune for this?

·
Registered
900 Posts
You dont need a tune for any of them mods.You would though get more out of it if it was tuned, but its not required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts