Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Monday it will be time to slay corners.

On a lighter note I got the car back today. New RTR deck lid and GT500 spoiler.

·
Registered
742 Posts
if those pilots are half as grippy as the ones on my yami you'll have some fun.

I'm on the fence with the rtr decklid... just basically a shaved faux gas cap look on black cars. Did you get a street scene body kit?

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you buy a new trunk lid or have the extra 4 holes welded up for the GT500 wing?
I bought a new deck lid. It was only 220. My shop said it's possible to weld the holes. But wouldn't be surprised if the trunk lid warped after welding.

if those pilots are half as grippy as the ones on my yami you'll have some fun.

I'm on the fence with the rtr decklid... just basically a shaved faux gas cap look on black cars. Did you get a street scene body kit?
I can't stand the Faux cap. I find it cheesy. The look is very unique to say the least. The deck lid fits perfectly.

I have street scene side skirts and the rear defuser. Couldn't pass up the roush front end :naughty:

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
I bought a new deck lid. It was only 220. My shop said it's possible to weld the holes. But wouldn't be surprised if the trunk lid warped after welding.
Probably. :( Who'd you get it from? A junkyard or from Ford?

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably. :( Who'd you get it from? A junkyard or from Ford?
I got mine from Ford. I had an insurance agent that I have had to go through my pass 2 accident's. He also can get OEM ford parts. You might be able to find one in a junk yard, ebay maybe a restoration site?

The ****s that put on my CS spoiler like bondoed it to the trunk lid. They couldn't get the spoiler off with out destroying it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I got mine from Ford. I had an insurance agent that I have had to go through my pass 2 accident's. He also can get OEM ford parts. You might be able to find one in a junk yard, ebay maybe a restoration site?

The ****s that put on my CS spoiler like bondoed it to the trunk lid. They couldn't get the spoiler off with out destroying it.
On my dads old car, they used 3m tape, maybe that's what they used, if so just heat it up a little, not to much cause you'll bubble your paint

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my dads old car, they used 3m tape, maybe that's what they used, if so just heat it up a little, not to much cause you'll bubble your paint
Well when you have the CS spoiler and want to replace it with a GT500 spoiler there are 4 holes left in the deck lid from the CS spolier.

If you just have the stock little duck tail on your 2011+ the GT500 bolts right on.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts

Yeah, I've been checking junk yards around here lately but no luck so far. :(

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I want a GT500 spoiler, looks good

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you putting those 275's on your 8.5 in" rims or do you got rims coming too!
Ditching those god awful stock rims for....... Well a rim that is 19/9.5 that weighs only 26 pounds

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will be putting my stock 19's up for sale if any one want's them. They are in great condition with 1 little scratch on one of the rims. Tires have 70%+ tread left with only 13789 miles on them. Tire size is 245/45/19.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts