Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am painting my 96 mustang gt's hood right now start to finish. changing it from red to white to match the rest of the car. anyone wanna see as i do it(pics)??

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I actually would like to see how it goes. Prety son I'll be doing my whole car so any pics and tips are good.

Reactions: White96reborn

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
did u ever got the front end welded back on?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it just got welded on i am waiting on my friend to go pickit up when he has free time. he has a wrecker truck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Items Needed(what i used)
Hood
Plastic Scraper not metal it can scratch i used bondo scraper
Paint Stripper
Primer
Paint i had the mustang painted nissan super white 2 years ago
Clear Coat
Sand Paper (80) and Sanding block
Everything bought at oreilly, auto zone, or advanced auto

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
clean off the hood and let it dry then apply the paint stripper with a brush(wear rubber gloves and do not let this stuff get on you IT BURNS ALOT) apply it on thick going in one direction NOT BACK AND FORTH IT WONT WORK ON THE PAINT CORRECTLY. and let it set for at least 30 min.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
when it has set for at least 30 minutes take the scraper and scrape the access off then reapply the paint stripper till it is down to bare metal or fiberglass (use sand paper to take off paint that is left over like the edges and hard spots) then wash off access stripper very very well you dont want any left it will destroy your paint.
almost no more paint.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Looks good so far, you spray all that just right out of the spray can?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its all out of the spray cans i had to stop it got too cold last night which messes with the paint but when it warms up in a little bit i will put clear on and put a picture of the finished product. btw its not going to be as reflective as normal paint jobs i dont like wet sanding clear coat but if you go to youtube and watch the video about wetsanding clearcoat you can do that and make it have that super reflective look. mine will be semi reflective mainly lights will reflect.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
holy hell man. that looks great. A buddy and i just spray painted his srt10 ran front bumper. the truck is bad ass so the paint had be be bad ass, but he didnt want to pay 500 for the paint. Anyway we painted it and it sucks that it turned out better than the truck lol. good job man keep it up

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The real thing is you have to take your time with it you cant rush it the second you try to rush is when you mess up and it looks like a "at home job" you know

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
yea i LOVE the dupicolor spray paint cans they work awsome

1 - 20 of 39 Posts