Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i got a 347 stroker kit, and port and polished gt40p heads. im looking to find a cam thats a good application for my setup without having to get a custom grind, i mean i kno thats the way to go but i wanna see wat else i can do. if u could help me out with which cam i should go with, and i am rebuilding the heads so ill build them around a cam if needed. thanx

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
ask sean, hes got a 347 stroker with the gt40p heads being built now, i know its a trickflow stage 2 but for the specs just pm him

·
Registered
685 Posts
contact anderson ford they have a buch of grinds

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
at 347 with gt40p's..wow people in low budget builds lately..fully ported gt40p's arent going to outflow most basic aluminum aftermarket heads..but when you dont have money you gotta do what you gotta do...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
+1....im not knocking anybodies build at all because it seems like almost everyone is making more progress than me......but it seems like 90% of the people that come on here are using gt40s or gt40ps in their setup.....

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have trick flows!! :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i think you should go with the crowd and get gt 40s and then ill take those POS trickflows and be the loser

·
Registered
301 Posts
well what other heads can you get for under $500 that are better than the gt40p's?

not proving a point, i REALLY am asking this question ^.^

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The cam with the most lift and duration, that won't break anything will be your best bet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aright and thanx for the info guys, yea i got the heads for free along with alotaaa other **** like 24 lb injectors, mass air conversion, and lil **** for doin work on this kids srt-4, so if i got em im gonna use em, if anything i'd wanna get like AFR heads or somethin but they're wayy to expensive

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well what other heads can you get for under $500 that are better than the gt40p's?

not proving a point, i REALLY am asking this question ^.^
spend another two hundred or so and get some cast iron dart heads..

·
Registered
25 Posts
the crappier the heads the more cam you need...

get a E or B cam for cheap and save your money for a real set of heads.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
the crappier the heads the more cam you need...

get a E or B cam for cheap and save your money for a real set of heads.
no no no..e and b cam are first off all not really that much if all of a cam...the b would be better than the e, but the fcam will be alot better then either of those and the x and z just suck..talk to comp or crane or something along those lines and get a real cam..

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
and gt 40's are hydraulic correct?
Heads are not hydraulic. Lifters are either hydraulic or solid. Heads are either cast iron or aluminum.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Heads are not hydraulic. Lifters are either hydraulic or solid. Heads are either cast iron or aluminum.
what? i didnt even see that..haha thats halarious...

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
yea sry, well are the lifters on gt40's hydraulic?
There are no lifters on heads...

You can use GT40 heads with solid or hydraulic lifters. Just match your valve springs to the cam.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts