Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to do the 410/tuner at the same time but I'm having trouble finding someone to install gears in my area. For an auto with only exhaust, would I feel a gain with a sct tuner and cold air intake?:cool:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Since you have an automatic I say definetly. I highly reccomend getting an sct tuner from americanmuscle.com and you get free tunes for life. I had a diablosport and sold it for my sct and it was well worth it. They send you tunes specifically for your car. Gain much better shifting and you may only gain 15 hp but thats throughout the whole powerband. I also gained 2mpg on 87 street tune.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you have an automatic I say definetly. I highly reccomend getting an sct tuner from americanmuscle.com and you get free tunes for life. I had a diablosport and sold it for my sct and it was well worth it. They send you tunes specifically for your car. Gain much better shifting and you may only gain 15 hp but thats throughout the whole powerband. I also gained 2mpg on 87 street tune.
If I don't find anyone to install gears for me soon I'm going to order the tuner in the next week or so

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
If I don't find anyone to install gears for me soon I'm going to order the tuner in the next week or so
Are you serious? Where in Illinois are you? I could name a 6 shops off the top of my head that can do gears for you. Join chicagolandmustang.com.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
I have an auto, and the tuner will make you love the car even more. Do it all at once, and that love will come back ten thousand fold.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Then you're in quite a pickle! haha Nearest shops i could recommend are Sutton HP in Matteson, IL which is a 145 mile stroll from Peoria. Mr. Norm's Garage in Machesney Park, IL which is also ~ 145 mi and Dean's Performance in St. Charles, which is ~130 mi.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
The tuner is worth buying. A cai doesn't do **** on a new edge. Pull off the silencer and tada....free cai. If you really want one I will send ya a bbk one. 100 bucks plus the ride. Includes new filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts