Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed I have a noise coming from my rear end. The best way I can describe it is it sounds like dog tags hitting together. It only happens when I'm taking off from a stop and it doesn't do it every time. Any ideas?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Have you messed with the exhaust at all? Happening at certain temps or just when you start moving?

Check and see if you have anything that might be broken back there. Is the car driving funny at all?

You lowered recently, didn't you? Go over and make sure all your bolts are torqued properly.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you messed with the exhaust at all? Happening at certain temps or just when you start moving?

Check and see if you have anything that might be broken back there. Is the car driving funny at all?

You lowered recently, didn't you? Go over and make sure all your bolts are torqued properly.
Car is driving fine. I've only heard it twice and that was when I left for work this morning and when I left work this afternoon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Today I noticed I have a noise coming from my rear end. The best way I can describe it is it sounds like dog tags hitting together. It only happens when I'm taking off from a stop and it doesn't do it every time. Any ideas?
Lay off the fiber. Sorry, had too. :naughty:

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Maybe its the clutch packs going, and do you know how tight your posi is. I know in foxbodys there were big problems with one wheel usually spining harder then the other during agressive starts.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Did you by chance run over someone wearing dog tags?

:bubba:

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
if its in the wheels, once I broke the TPMS in my 08 while changing tires, kept it inside while I got a new set, while then it came off from the strap and started making this sound. I don't know if that helps :dunno

·
MM's Official Lab Rat!
3,315 Posts
UCA? You didn't correct the pinion angle did you? Just a shot in the dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts